DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 25 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi HeckoX

The existing Firearms skill is required for the Automation to work.
    You can change it if you wish but it will break some automation.
    I'm terribly sorry, but I don't follow. For the automation of what to work..?

Blog Entries
    For any of the skills that have subskills - like Fighting, Firearms, Science etc just edit the Subskills.
    If you edit the parent skill the buttons that load the skill/subskill cant find the subskill.

The best way to do this is probably:

New Campaign
    Clone an existing Era and rename it.
    Adjust any skills and subskills - with the above caveat.
    Then reload the table.
    Then in Setup set the new Era as the campaign Era.
    If you are then going to do any custom Occupations create those.

[Then export the Occupations and Eras to a module.
    I think you should be able to load that module in a new game and you wont have to redo those customisations in that new campaign so you have them as backup.]

Then do your character creation.

If you were doing 1600s and you had Muskets (example) you would in your Era, go to Firearms, unlock and then remove things like Flamethrower, machinegun, Handgun etc and add Musket with a default skill value.

Thanks for the workaround.
    I'll likely make use of it since... well... I don't really have much choice in the matter.
    But I understand if it's considered to cumbersome a fix for too niche a use case.

Quote Originally Posted by HeckoX View Post
    Further issues
    Before anyone mentions "Just add it as a custom skill instead", this part seems bugged as well.
    Adding anything as a custom skill seems to add the skill name as a string instead of a reference - you can't click it to read more about it.
    Whilst it doesn't fix your main problem, you should be able to drag the skills from the Era window into the character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    For any of the skills that have subskills - like Fighting, Firearms, Science etc just edit the Subskills.
    I did some further testing today; automation works just fine, and - as far as I can see - completely as intended. The only thing screwy is the skill description, and only when the blue Add X Skill button is used.

I did as described in my previous post: I created a custom "firearms" skill with custom subskills (instead of editing the default) and added said custom skill to a 1600s era.

1. When I add the custom firearm skill by dragging and dropping the open skill window, the automation for the custom skill works just fine. When I click the reference, it shows the custom firearms skill description as it is supposed to.
    2. When I add the custom firearm skill by using the "Add custom skill" button, the automation for the custom skill works just fine. When I click the reference, it shows the custom firearms skill description as it is supposed to.
    3. When I add the custom firearm skill by using the "Add Fireams skill" button, the automation for the custom skill works just fine. When I click the reference, it shows the default firearms skill description, which is unexpected behaviour

While I personally have little need to this to be fixed anymore - I found a far simpler work-around than what was described - it seems fairly obvious that what I was trying to do is meant to be a supported functionality, so it would be great to have it work as intended. That the skill description reference is overwritten by something hardcoded when using the Add X Skill button seems to be the mistake, considering the automation works correctly.
    Last edited by HeckoX; April 14th, 2022 at 00:42.

Hy guys,
    I found some small graphical problems:
    1) In the Character Sheet on Inventory TAB I found this weird denied symbol over the MOV field Attachment 52420
    2) In the Character Sheet on Inventory TAB if a text is too long (this is Shadow over Providence standar text) the text is unreadable and is not possible to increase width of Character Sheet Attachment 52421
    3) In the Character Sheet on Inventory TAB there are some label not clear readable overlapped by modify/add buttons and is not possible to increase width of Character Sheet Attachment 52422
    4) In the Character Sheet on Personal TAB the label of fields in any case overlap the text field Attachment 52423 by the way I notice this also in the Spell Entry Attachment 52424

After these I found a weird behavior of spell group.. I am able to create a local campaign copy of an item, npc and so on but I am not able to copy to local campaign a spell neither if I create it as new item (I use drag & drop)..

And one last question.. On Inventory I try to add a Vehicle on proper space but after added it I am unable to remove/clear it (I have no radial delete and also if I remove the text the link remain) Cancel.PNG

Thank you guys..
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

Blog Entries
    Hi redba

The first 3 look like they are caused by the Inventory updates. Ill work on a fix.
    Im not sure what caused the next 2 but Ill get them fixed up.

For the Vehicle you would use that (\) icon to clear it but it might not be clickable in its current position.

Stay tuned.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redba View Post
    Hy guys,
    I found some small graphical problems:
    1) In the Character Sheet on Inventory TAB I found this weird denied symbol over the MOV field Attachment 52420
    2) In the Character Sheet on Inventory TAB if a text is too long (this is Shadow over Providence standar text) the text is unreadable and is not possible to increase width of Character Sheet Attachment 52421
    3) In the Character Sheet on Inventory TAB there are some label not clear readable overlapped by modify/add buttons and is not possible to increase width of Character Sheet Attachment 52422
    4) In the Character Sheet on Personal TAB the label of fields in any case overlap the text field Attachment 52423 by the way I notice this also in the Spell Entry Attachment 52424

After these I found a weird behavior of spell group.. I am able to create a local campaign copy of an item, npc and so on but I am not able to copy to local campaign a spell neither if I create it as new item (I use drag & drop)..

And one last question.. On Inventory I try to add a Vehicle on proper space but after added it I am unable to remove/clear it (I have no radial delete and also if I remove the text the link remain) Cancel.PNG

Thank you guys..
    Ive patched (you might see it this Tuesday)

#1 - that weird symbol is the answer to your second un-numbered question.
    #2 - this wont be changed sorry
    #3 - fixed - I think this was caused by a change in CoreRPG default fonts some time ago
    #4 - fixed - as per #3
    #5 - first un-numbered question - I can replicate but I have to bounce this one to Ian
    #6 - fixed - see #1

Thanks for the reports.

As always thank a lot @damend.. I promise to stay tuned!!!
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

There seems to be some bug with the Bonus die roll, see first example in the attached screenshot. Wrong die was eliminated. We didn't run into the problem again, so perhaps an edge case.

Also, 7E rules call for rolling only the tens-die twice. But in the second example both the tens and singles die was rerolled.

2022-04-16.png
    Last edited by Magnimost; April 17th, 2022 at 14:28.

Thread Information