DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 25 First ... 4567816 ... Last

Hello there.
    I believe there is a problem with extreme damage rolls. I am adding 3 SS on the bottom. I believe it must be max. dmg. of the weapon + (if weapon supports it max. dmg. of the character's dmg bonus) + (if it's impaling, then + dice for the weapon)
    As you can see, in the first one (nameless character), it's just a 4, instead of 3+4=7. In the second one (Louis Grunewald), it's just an empty row.
    And the last one (nameless character), extreme dmg is correct because the weapon (revolver) does not have dmg. bonus.

I believe it only counts the dmg bonus if the weapon has it.
    Both handbook and the rule book are loaded if it's important for the case.

2022-03-08 (3).png
    2022-03-08 (4).png
    2022-03-08 (5).png
    Last edited by Feroand; March 8th, 2022 at 20:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Feroand View Post
    Hello there.
    I believe there is a problem with extreme damage rolls. I am adding 3 SS on the bottom. I believe it must be max. dmg. of the weapon + (if weapon supports it max. dmg. of the character's dmg bonus) + (if it's impaling, then + dice for the weapon)
    As you can see, in the first one (nameless character), it's just a 4, instead of 3+4=7. In the second one (Louis Grunewald), it's just an empty row.
    And the last one (nameless character), extreme dmg is correct because the weapon (revolver) does not have dmg. bonus.

I believe it only counts the dmg bonus if the weapon has it.
    Both handbook and the rule book are loaded if it's important for the case.

2022-03-08 (3).png
    2022-03-08 (4).png
    2022-03-08 (5).png
    Hi Feroand,
    Welcome and thanks for taking the time to post your query.

I believe you are correct and it is only adding the DB if the weapon asks for it. I will check and let you know.

Cheers,

Ian

Hello again.
    I believe we encountered a problem. It seems like the dice tower doesn't work properly. Whenever we try to use it with any skill (from an NPC or a PC), it only gives a result equal to or less than 10. I believe there is a typo on the ruleset. Also, it seems okay with the dice at the bottom (it doesn't seem random enough, though).
    I checked this with other rulesets, it seems like they don't have this problem.
    You can see from my screen (there is no extension loaded, it's a fresh campaign save)
    2022-03-10 (4).png
    And, this is what my player sent me from his screen. This one is from our campaign and has some extensions. I can type the list if it's necessary)
    You can see, there is a typo, "d10+t100" I believe this is the problem.
    unknown.png
    Both of them has rulebook and Investigator book loaded

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Feroand; March 10th, 2022 at 21:09.

Blog Entries
    This is from a new change that was made to the underlying system last week.
    Its going to take some time to unpick as the t100 was quite important in the Bonus/Penalty mechanic.

Out of curiosity why do you use the Tower?

I have some fixes I’m working on for CoC7 with regards to this.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Hi Feroand,
    Welcome and thanks for taking the time to post your query.

I believe you are correct and it is only adding the DB if the weapon asks for it. I will check and let you know.

Cheers,

Ian
    This has now been fixed and sent for review. It should appear in the TEST channel on Tuesday, so please give it a go and make sure it does fix it.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi all, the fix for extreme damage will probably be delayed as some other fixes are being checked before it can be released. I'll post again when it goes into TEST. Apologies for the confusion.

Bugged behaviour from the Add X Skills buttons (these: Add Skill buttons.png)

Background
    I have created a custom era: 1600s Japan
    In the options, I have set the era to be 1600s Japan.
    I've confirmed this to work, as when I create a new character, the skills tab displays all the skills I've added to the custom era

Issue
    If I lick the Add Firearm Skill button, and I don't have a skill called Firearm in the 1600s Japan era, nothing happens.
    This is fine, I expected this behaviour, however...

If I click the Add Firearm Skill button, and I do have a skill called Firearm in the 1600s Japan era, it ignores the 1600s Japan Firearm skill, and adds the default 1920s Firearm skill instead.
    I would expect it to add the 1600s Japan skill, since there's obviously a check for if the skill exists in the active era.

Further issues
    Before anyone mentions "Just add it as a custom skill instead", this part seems bugged as well.
    Adding anything as a custom skill seems to add the skill name as a string instead of a reference - you can't click it to read more about it.

Blog Entries
    Hi HeckoX

The existing Firearms skill is required for the Automation to work.
    You can change it if you wish but it will break some automation.

Thread Information