FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

"highlighting" of current token on map is so subtle that its useless.

I just ran a very frustrating session...

The highlighting of the currently active token is so subtle as to be completely useless. I actually need to TOGGLE visibility of NPCs on and off to try and find which one is active.

for me as as GM Combat is almost unplayable when you cant tell which token is currently activated in tracker

(what is it a 3 pixel, 70 % transparent circle?)... needs to be fixed like a big solid visible outline.

image shows how easy it is to see the Active token currently.Highlighted_Token.png

I too am frustrated with this oversight. I currently look at the CT to see the name/number or the NPC and then try to find it on the map. It needs to be easily seen.

Middle click on a token to highlight on the CT, helps sometimes, this is not a SWADE ruleset setting but an FGU setting, you are complaining in the wrong forum

But we can middle mouse button on a token
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Sorry which Forum is the right one then? I tried a coreRPG extension for token highlighting but, it doesn't work in SW.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tive-Indicator

interesting effect when you middle mouse button... how do you unselect it? my whole CT is pink now.

but the problem is not selecting a token on the map, its showing active FROM CT, If you could click a token in the CT and highlight on map that would work.
    Last edited by sweetsquid; July 31st, 2021 at 12:53.

Known UX problem unfixed since 2007, that’s disheartening…

If you weren't aware of it, idea informer might be another way to give this issue more visibility. The link is as follows: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Have you tried the auto-center map setting? Having the map center on the token helps locate it. As long as you don't mind the shifting view.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsquid View Post
    I tried a coreRPG extension for token highlighting but, it doesn't work in SW.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tive-Indicator
    In reading the other forum, it sounds like the issue with this extension in SW has to do with Initiative (CorePRG / 5e) vs. Action Cards (SW).
    If this extension could be modified to be compatible with SW, I think every GM would use it. It would be particularly useful when running large combats with multiple NPC extras.

I think every GM has had a similar experience to this typical scenario:
    Next in the combat tracker: Gunman 8. You can't remember which particular token is Gunman 8 on a map with 6 PCs and 12 NPC gunmen. You can't see the faint highlight of the token, particularly when the map you're playing on is a lighter color. And you spend precious time panning around the map, hovering your cursor over all the tokens, waiting for the tooltip to pop-up with the token's name, hoping that it is the right token....Gunman 2 (nope), Gunman 5 (nope), Gunman 11 (nope), Gunman 4 (nope), Gunman 8 (FINALLY!). Now, what is Gunman 8 going to do... Repeat. Repeat. Repeat...

This kills the FFF of Savage Worlds. I spend too much time just trying to find the correct token.

I understand that this issue is not a Savage Worlds ruleset issue, but an issue with FGU token highlighting. However, I'm guessing that the CoreRPG extension (which works with 5e) will make it so that SmiteWorks will never address the core issue. This leaves all of us that run SW out in the cold.

I don't pretend to understand how difficult it would be to modify the CoreRPG extension to work with SW. But, I do know that it would be HUGELY beneficial to every Savage Worlds GM running games in FGU.

If this could be added to the next Savage Rules ruleset update (or some other mechanic that accomplishes the same thing), I would do a cartwheel of joy.

The aforementioned extension has been updated to work with Savage Worlds, although it looks like the description hasn’t been updated to say so.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/166/view

Thread Information