FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 12 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    MNM might help out if you are able to talk dev to dev. Not to put any more work on you but I have found devs are more likely to work with other devs than just us users
    Just a thought.
    Also your screenshot looks quite different to the Bushviper one?
    Bushviper is also running a theme on his screenshot?

Yeah. No theme for me but no lock as well. MNM tweaks does move a lot around on the sheet, so I am not surprised it is an issue. MNM is usually pretty good at helping other devs to fix compatibility issues. I will pop over to his discord to let him know what is going on.

First off, make sure you are using the MNM tweaks extension from the forge. I made some big updates after the recent FGU updates to fix compatibility. Since I haven't heard about this before, I suspect it probably is addressed with that, but i could be wrong.
    If that's not it, I am guessing there might be issues with relative positioning and the like that may be causing the compatibility issues. Because of the kinds of changes I was making, I had to do some extensive adjustments to the xml. I have a backlog and can try to take a look at it in near future. I will also send a copy of the extension over to damned to see if there might be an easy fix he can find.
    Last edited by Mad Nomad; August 11th, 2022 at 01:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Nomad View Post
    First off, make sure you are using the MNM tweaks extension from the forge. I made some big updates after the recent FGU updates to fix compatibility. Since I haven't heard about this before, I suspect it probably is addressed with that, but i could be wrong.
    If that's not it, I am guessing there might be issues with relative positioning and the like that may be causing the compatibility issues. Because of the kinds of changes I was making, I had to do some extensive adjustments to the xml. I have a backlog and can try to take a look at it in near future. I will also send a copy of the extension over to damned to see if there might be an easy fix he can find.
    Yep. I am up to date. Here is the screen I supplied earlier in the thread. Is v7 not the most recent? Tweaks on = no lock. Tweaks off = lock.

Thanks for helping out. I am hopeful it is an easy fix.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Mad Nomad has sent me a copy of his extension. Ill look at it over the weekend.
    Cool! Thank you.

love this extension and cannot believe this isnt baked in. The fragile nature of the character sheets always surprised me. One problem though -- no extensions - new campaign - locked sheet - I can edit proficiency and AC. Known issue>?

Screenshot 2022-09-16 143350.png

Screenshot 2022-09-16 143445.png

I wish everything was locked down. Can't tell you how many times someone has unintentionally toggled something on/off they shouldn't have, and we wound up playing incorrectly. Its not really an issue of trust with my players, as it is with just accidental breaking a stat.

There has got to be better ways to keep the sheet unbroken apart from exporting and crosschecking.

Versioning anyone? Revert changes?

Anyways,

I was expecting 'lock' to mean, they can't toggle proficiency, ctrl+scroll up modifiers, ect. ect.

Any advice is much appreciated.
    Last edited by spencerg; September 16th, 2022 at 22:56.

was just going to report the same thing

Also, post below has some images
    this extension is exactly what i was looking for. As it stands, im not so much concerned about it working with MN sheets, as i am wanting it to lock down toggling proficiencies and some of the other fields. As it stands now, it’s allowing you to modify a few things that are listed as lockout. Tested on clean campaign. bravo on this ect, such a headache preventer. I keep a close eye on the sheets because it’s so incredibly easy to modify things you shouldn’t have. This should honestly be baked into the core. Let me know if u need additional info or help testing.

cheers !

ps. didnt you just post an action economy tracker on fire

Last time i checked with a clean environment, i was still able to toggle proficiency, saves, skills … but abilities did lockout. Is this something you’re aware of? I tried going in to look at it myself, but for some reason, I can’t find the extension in the extensions folder.. even though i have it and it’s on. in any event, I don’t want to spam about it, but i think this is a hugely valuable extension that saves alot of stress. It so easy for a new player to break their sheet unintentionally, and right now i have to manually back up those fields to a doc, and cross check to make sure it’s right periodically. I screwed one up the other day, just one wrong click… lost proficiency. Any help greatly appreciated dammed,

and bravo on this great idea. Let me know if i can test provide feedback.

ps. Being logged in as DM wouldn’t change the way this behaves right? What i mean is im screwing with the character sheets as a GM host… would it matter?

I didn't want to spam you Dammed, I'm just curious if you saw my message.

Is it intended behavior to

1) be allowed to toggle proficiencies on/off/expertise when locked?
    2) be allowed to modify abilities?

What I was looking for was a way to lock down all of that, and I thought that's what this did. Its so easy to accidently toggle those off and not even notice it.

Thread Information