DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    It's a simplified version of the phased combat because step 3 is divided into 3 phases: short action, long action, upkeep. Most of the other phased combat systems in RM have around 10 phases instead of just 3. That is what I meant by simplified.

I would like to add initiative point and action point systems but I still have quite a bit of other things to get done before I even consider it. Also it gets complicated when you try to make all of those options available.

Edit: Also both of those systems are possible with a bit of manual work. I've actually helped people on how to implement them using the RMC ruleset.

I Converted my FRP game from 3 phase combat system prior to RMC 2.0 to a 1 phase combat system and even if dakadin introduces 3 phase I will not go back.

Basic concepts
    - If a player was to go Snap Action they add +10 to their initiative
    - If a player want to go deliberate they -10 to their initative.
    - Parry can only be changed on their turn can only happen on their turns.

This has made combat so much faster and still keeping some of the tactical elements of a 3 phase combat system.
    ------------------
    Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
    Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
    Ultimate Licencse: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event
    Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP, XP Extension, Random Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    It's a simplified version of the phased combat because step 3 is divided into 3 phases: short action, long action, upkeep. Most of the other phased combat systems in RM have around 10 phases instead of just 3. That is what I meant by simplified.

I would like to add initiative point and action point systems but I still have quite a bit of other things to get done before I even consider it. Also it gets complicated when you try to make all of those options available.

Edit: Also both of those systems are possible with a bit of manual work. I've actually helped people on how to implement them using the RMC ruleset.
    Yes. I know that. I think that the system should change order of characters when round goes further. For example:

Character A (Init 27) and B (Init 25) are going to draw weapons (no shields) 20%. Character C (Init 26) is going to swing a sword 100% and character D (Init 25) is starting to cast a spell. Preparation 180% and casting 75%, totaling 255%.

Characters A and B draw swords (20% used), then they take prepared herb 20%, then they move (use 40% more). Total for both will be 80%. Now... order has been A, C, B, D in CT (based on init). That makes, atleast for my players, it confusing. If CT would change places of characters based on % (but in init order), it would help to understand and follow combat. I am not sure if you got the point what I meant.

I think you can accomplish that now with the Init field if you use decimals for the % remaining in the round at least up to 100%. Here is how I would show someone drawing a sword and someone else casting a spell.
    Init.PNG

Hopefully that gives you some ideas on how you can do what you want to accomplish.

Hi Dakadin

I've been playing about with effects to help keep track of actions (mostly spells) in the 200point initiative system.
    I've created the effects for the classes of spells but when I apply them to the character and roll past their turn on the CT I can't get the PCs initiative to reduce by the effects 'value'..

I'm using this syntax for the effect 'Spells CLASS II; INIT:-100' I've cycled through the different types 'one action' etc to no avail.

Can the system do this or am I just getting it wrong (again :-)

Regards - Rainbird

Hi Rainbird,

The INIT effect is applied when rolling initiative. It isn't an actual modifier to the initiative. You would have to manually adjust the initiative to handle that since dropping a number on the Init field will just replace it instead of adding/subtracting like the Damage field does.

Dakadin

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi Rainbird,

The INIT effect is applied when rolling initiative. It isn't an actual modifier to the initiative. You would have to manually adjust the initiative to handle that since dropping a number on the Init field will just replace it instead of adding/subtracting like the Damage field does.

Dakadin
    Thanks for setting me straight.

Regards - Rainbird

Thread Information