FG Spreadshirt Swag

Want to build extension to make 5e death behave like 3e -10

Hello!

I'm looking to build an extension to make the 5e rules pack use death and dying behavior similar to 3e D&D. Essentially, instead of Death Saves once a character hits 0 HP, they should be allowed to go beyond 0 HP and lose a hitpoint each round that they don't stabilize, dying at -10.

In the 3e ruleset, it looks like it just allows wounds to go beyond the character's max, whereas the 5e ruleset caps damage at the character's max.

Does anyone know where in the 5e ruleset I can change that behavior, so wounds can do beyond the character's max?

Alternatively, if you can think of a better way to code this, I'm open to suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagarys View Post
    Hello!

I'm looking to build an extension to make the 5e rules pack use death and dying behavior similar to 3e D&D. Essentially, instead of Death Saves once a character hits 0 HP, they should be allowed to go beyond 0 HP and lose a hitpoint each round that they don't stabilize, dying at -10.

In the 3e ruleset, it looks like it just allows wounds to go beyond the character's max, whereas the 5e ruleset caps damage at the character's max.

Does anyone know where in the 5e ruleset I can change that behavior, so wounds can do beyond the character's max?

Alternatively, if you can think of a better way to code this, I'm open to suggestions!
    You can see what an existing extension does and work it out from there - Death Indicators in my signature is one you can open up and mangle the code or just learn from it. How I learned to code extensions in FGU/lua/xml in fact.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information