DICE PACKS BUNDLE

A0 Danger at Darkshelf Quarry

Hi,

Hope it's ok to post my issue here, I don't know if this is the correct place to post possible issues with individual modules? I did do a search for this module and couldn't find anything.

Also must point out that this may not be an issue with the module and could be me misunderstanding the rules.

I'm reading this module through prior to DMing it, my first time DMing a 2nd Edition game for a loooong time.

In the section on the quarry lower level there is an explanation for an iron gate. The explanation goes over the normal options for opening or forcing a door but then explains "The door can be forced with a strength check vs CL 5"

I don't know what a strength check vs CL 5 is.

Is it against a 5th level cleric's THACO?

I might be misremembering, but I don't recall seeing a strength check vs CL anything before in 2nd Edition. Is it something from a later version that's crept in?

Blog Entries
    Hi thanks for pointing this out. I'll have to address this when I'm next at my main computer.

What happened here is I had a version of the module that worked with Castles & Crusades and I seem to have left in the verbiage.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Ah, many thanks, I was concerned I was being dense.

Hi, just noticed that the same bit of text is repeated in room 26, the Spring Room.

Thread Information