STAR TREK 2d20

Transfered game from fgc to fgu and get load error

Changed all of my fgc games to fgu and experienced a pause at load one with one of those games out of the 4 games i transfered only one is not working here are the logs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It looks like the XML is technically invalid for that campaign, such as a symbol used in the XML. While FGC used an older, more lax library; FGU uses the latest libraries for XML which are stricter. For most situations, this won't have an impact; but there have been some extensions that wrote invalid characters in the past, and FGC didn't prevent them.

Can you post the db.xml for that campaign? It might be a quick search and replace.

Regards,
    JPG

here it is added campaign to see if that would help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looking at the database, I didn't see any issues jump out at me from a high level. Also, re-reading the error message, it looks like a problem with an extension named "40K Flamer Pointer"; not with the campaign data.

* What exactly is the problem with the campaign, when you say it is not working?
    * Can you provide a zipped up copy of the campaign for us to try loading?

Thanks,
    JPG

yeah that particular extension has not worked in forever but has not intererfered with dnd or 40k games .

The problem is when i go to load this particular campaign is during the loading process it hangs and freezes at the line:

MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 19.2785797

as for the campaign i can hand to you in zip form but apparently the file is too big to post on forums is there somewhere i can post it for you to get?
    Last edited by Silvert; July 29th, 2021 at 00:03.

If you post on DropBox or Google Drive, and set Sharing option to Anyone with Link; then you can post the link here or in PM.

Regards,
    JPG

It looks like the issue is a problem in the graphics file format for one of the portraits uploaded for the campaign. I opened in Paint, and re-saved as JPG; then it works.

You'll need to rename the attached file to "id-00015" (no file extension), and replace the one in the campaign "portraits" directory.

I'm looking at capturing the issue with a better error in a future version.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

And it works thank you very much i would never had guess it was a portrait pausing the loadtime.

It was buried inside one of the log files in a place we don't usually need to look. Once I found the error, I knew it was a portrait, and guessed it was the biggest one.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information