PF2E Playlist
  1. #1

    Transfered game from fgc to fgu and get load error

    Changed all of my fgc games to fgu and experienced a pause at load one with one of those games out of the 4 games i transfered only one is not working here are the logs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    It looks like the XML is technically invalid for that campaign, such as a symbol used in the XML. While FGC used an older, more lax library; FGU uses the latest libraries for XML which are stricter. For most situations, this won't have an impact; but there have been some extensions that wrote invalid characters in the past, and FGC didn't prevent them.

    Can you post the db.xml for that campaign? It might be a quick search and replace.

    Regards,
    JPG

  3. #3
    here it is added campaign to see if that would help
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4
    Looking at the database, I didn't see any issues jump out at me from a high level. Also, re-reading the error message, it looks like a problem with an extension named "40K Flamer Pointer"; not with the campaign data.

    * What exactly is the problem with the campaign, when you say it is not working?
    * Can you provide a zipped up copy of the campaign for us to try loading?

    Thanks,
    JPG

  5. #5
    yeah that particular extension has not worked in forever but has not intererfered with dnd or 40k games .

    The problem is when i go to load this particular campaign is during the loading process it hangs and freezes at the line:

    MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 19.2785797

    as for the campaign i can hand to you in zip form but apparently the file is too big to post on forums is there somewhere i can post it for you to get?
    Last edited by Silvert; July 29th, 2021 at 00:03.

  6. #6
    If you post on DropBox or Google Drive, and set Sharing option to Anyone with Link; then you can post the link here or in PM.

    Regards,
    JPG

  7. #7

  8. #8
    It looks like the issue is a problem in the graphics file format for one of the portraits uploaded for the campaign. I opened in Paint, and re-saved as JPG; then it works.

    You'll need to rename the attached file to "id-00015" (no file extension), and replace the one in the campaign "portraits" directory.

    I'm looking at capturing the issue with a better error in a future version.

    Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #9
    And it works thank you very much i would never had guess it was a portrait pausing the loadtime.

  10. #10
    It was buried inside one of the log files in a place we don't usually need to look. Once I found the error, I knew it was a portrait, and guessed it was the biggest one.

    Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in