STAR TREK 2d20
Page 13 of 25 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last
    Feature Suggestion: please add an extension version field to the extensions. Currently it’s hard to know what versions are the latest or know if what we’ve downloaded is in fact the latest version.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Perhaps I've missed somewhere, what is the refund/return policy on Forge items?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Since 2500 seems to be becoming a major price point in the Forge, would it be possible to add 2500 as a gold buy?

I think it's been mentioned before, but can the FGUUpdater show the names of the extensions that are being updated, rather than the meaningless UUIDs, please?
    We're not all developers and your Average Joe will never figure out that in order to understand what extension has received an update they need to go to the logs, grab the UUID and slap it in the URL of the Forge to see what extension it is. UUIDs are for devs, not for users.
    Sometimes extensions break, so knowing which extension has just been updated would also speed up the process of reporting bugs and declutter the House of Healing - Unity forum.

Blog Entries
    I once again would like to request that the DEFAULT amount of line items be (much higher). Personally, I would prefer it to be ALL rather than 10. I'm just talking about "Manage Craft", not within the store. I understand why the storefront may want to have limitations, but I cannot figure out any good reason why CRAFTERS should want their list limited. It's a real pain to have to adjust that EVERY SINGLE TIME I go back to that list looking for a title beyond the initial 10.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    I think it's been mentioned before, but can the FGUUpdater show the names of the extensions that are being updated, rather than the meaningless UUIDs, please?
    We're not all developers and your Average Joe will never figure out that in order to understand what extension has received an update they need to go to the logs, grab the UUID and slap it in the URL of the Forge to see what extension it is. UUIDs are for devs, not for users.
    Sometimes extensions break, so knowing which extension has just been updated would also speed up the process of reporting bugs and declutter the House of Healing - Unity forum.
    I have a number of extensions and is a pain to identify which extension relates to which store item - or whats recently been updated.

I would like a log somewhere of what forge was downloaded/updated that can be reviewed after the update event (keep that last months worth if updates?) that can be looked at via a click on the FG loader screen. After all the information goes off the screen in a blink of the eye...

For a list to be maintained - when you perform an FGU update, all you need to do is to grab an index of the module name, the file/uuid name, as well as a URL to the store item. This can then be used to track what forge items referes to which..
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

How about a separate button to click to update Forge items just like the normal update button.

This would would in the same manner as the current "Check For Updates" which would give me the GM the option to download new extensions..etc before a game (or not) without having any nasty surpriuses in the game due to broken extensions. I believe the advice used to be "do not update extensions before a game" but this is no longer possible with a single button.

Also, can we have the option to retain previous versions og extensions so that we can revert if required. Yes I can hear you saying this will be a problem, but not really its very easy as you apply this simple process to retain 3 previous versions:

Code:
    if exist "extension.ext.003" delete "extension.ext.003"
    if exist "extension.ext.002" rename "extension.ext.002" "extension.ext.003"
    if exist "extension.ext.001" rename "extension.ext.001" "extension.ext.002"
    if exist "extension.ext"     rename "extension.ext"     "extension.ext.001"
    download "extension.ext"
    We can the see which extension was updated, when (file date) and have the ability to revert back to a previous version by manually:

Code:
    if exist "extension.ext"  rename "extension.ext"       "extension.ext.new"
    if exist "extension.001"  rename "extension.ext.001"   "extension.ext"
    I use a similar method often when I need to save a weeks worth of log files in a batch script.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    Also, can we have the option to retain previous versions og extensions so that we can revert if required.
    Right now the FGU deletes anything in the Vault that is not on the current download list. Maybe moving the old extension version to a backup directory outside the vault would remedy this the easiest / quickest.

Jason

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    I would like a log somewhere of what forge was downloaded/updated that can be reviewed after the update event (keep that last months worth if updates?) that can be looked at via a click on the FG loader screen. After all the information goes off the screen in a blink of the eye...
    For now, all the Forge item updates are recorded (like everything else) in the FGUpdaterEngine.log file. Still by UUID, but they are all there in there own section.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    When updating files, there's no way to see what files exist on any one title. I've had to memorize (for lack of writing it down) all 30 (and growing) titles and is there just an extension or is it an extension and a module. So when I go to upload I have to upload ALL the files and am prone to missing one.

I can think of two solutions.

1) Have a list view available of files in the current build (and be able to see and verify after upload)
    2) Be able to upload just the file in question being updated and have it replace that file only keeping the others intact (and have a way to delete files if necessary)
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Thread Information