FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Defeated markers so small

My group and I are looking at transitioning our SWADE fantasy campaign from FG to FGU. A couple of months ago we started a short d&d 5e campaign in unity to give it a try. Now we are considering moving our SWADE over to make use of the new map LOS features. One of the things we love about SWADE in FG is the blood splatter for fallen enemies. I wanted to see if it works, so today I was messing around to check. I started by killing some bandits. I noticed a couple of things while doing this. 1- You have to have defeated markers turned on. Check; 2- Bandits are listed as large for some reason; 3-Bandits dont have a death marker chosen and the only way I could check and set one up was to create my own bandit by dragging it down to create a new one. 4- after all of that the dont leave blood splatters. Next I tried Boars. they also dont have blood splatter marker turned on, so I have to create a new entry for boars to turn it on for them. This is pretty annoying to be honest that they arent default or editable. Regardless, after making my boar and killing it, there is a blood splatter but it is tiny. I mean super tiny.

Is there a way to make defeated markers bigger? Just defeated markers. Not the fonts or anything else. I would love them to work and look just like they are in regular old Fantasy Grounds.

Helpful tips, help, and info appreciated.

I moved to the Savage Worlds forum; since the Savage Worlds DLC developer looks here.

Regards,
    JPG

Are the defeat markers smaller than the token it replaces? The marker should be the same size as the token. Tokens and defeat markers scale to the map grid size. If it's set small, the tokens will be small.

The blood splats are about 1/10 the size of the tokens. I even tried adjusting the token sizes in the options to large, but if that had an affect is was not noticeable. I had to zoom it in pretty close to even see the blood splat. I even opened regular FG in a separate window to compare and make sure I was doing it correctly.

Anyone know how to fix this? As the GM I would really like to switch our campaign to unity to take advantage of the cool LOS map additions, but the blood splatters (like in FG) are just cool and my players love them.

How do I release token scale?

Quote Originally Posted by fredgar4 View Post
    My group and I are looking at transitioning our SWADE fantasy campaign from FG to FGU. A couple of months ago we started a short d&d 5e campaign in unity to give it a try. Now we are considering moving our SWADE over to make use of the new map LOS features. One of the things we love about SWADE in FG is the blood splatter for fallen enemies. I wanted to see if it works, so today I was messing around to check. I started by killing some bandits. I noticed a couple of things while doing this. 1- You have to have defeated markers turned on. Check; 2- Bandits are listed as large for some reason; 3-Bandits dont have a death marker chosen and the only way I could check and set one up was to create my own bandit by dragging it down to create a new one. 4- after all of that the dont leave blood splatters. Next I tried Boars. they also dont have blood splatter marker turned on, so I have to create a new entry for boars to turn it on for them. This is pretty annoying to be honest that they arent default or editable. Regardless, after making my boar and killing it, there is a blood splatter but it is tiny. I mean super tiny.

Is there a way to make defeated markers bigger? Just defeated markers. Not the fonts or anything else. I would love them to work and look just like they are in regular old Fantasy Grounds.

Helpful tips, help, and info appreciated.
    LOS is a FGU feature and is not dependent on the ruleset. Also, all NPCs from official sources are locked, and you need to create a duplicate to edit them, this is the same across the board with all rulesets.

Have you got Map: Defeated markers turned on (it's in Options, Combat (GM))?

I just killed a few humanoid NPCs and have their blood splats shown (with a Nehwon Ghoul for scale in the first picture) and then the giant worm died too and left a blood splat of proportionate scale in the second picture.

wormalive.png
    wormdead.png

Perhaps you could post a screenshot?
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; July 27th, 2021 at 19:23.

Double post fun.... oops

Quote Originally Posted by fredgar4 View Post
    How do I release token scale?
    See the last paragraph in the Scaling section of the Using Tokens page in the Wiki user guide here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Tokens#Scaling
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for the replies. I think there was a couple of things going on. During my trial I am not sure if I set the grid first which could affect token size. I tried again today after reading your posts. I set the grid, changed the tokens to 100% size in the grid and checked a few more same sized creatures to compare blood splatters. I cant explain why yesterday the bandit did not have any blood splatter, but today it does. I count that as a win. Also all the others did as well. They are more visible than yesterday, but not as good as they were in FG. I tried doing the scaling instructions in your link, Moderator Trenloe, but blood splatter tokens dont seem to count toward making them larger or smaller. (e.g. control scrolling doesnt work on them as it does with regular tokens). While less epic than they looked in FG, they at least work, so i guess we will have to make due. I appreciate all of your assistance and getting back to me so quickly. But if it matters at all, you have the vote of me and my 8 players to increase the blood splatter size back to their original FG size.
    I've never posted an image to a forum before, so I hope this works..

FG: FG bloodsplatter example.JPG

FGU: FGU bloodsplatter example.JPG

There truly is no comparison.

Thread Information