DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Yep, looks like the FGC <token>.getSize and the FGU <token>.getSize API commands behave differently.

I ran some testing using the Soldier NPC from the SWADE GMs guide, and using the BalleMap_outdoor1 map from the SmiteWorks battlemap module.

In FGC <token>.getSize returns the size of the original token - in this case 100x100; which is then used to create the defeated marker.
    In FGU <token>.getSize returns the size of the token on the map - 40x40 (80% token scaling on a 50x50 grid).

It makes more sense for the getSize API function to return the actual size on the map rather than the original size of the graphics file.

This size is then used to set the size of the defeated marker - which is a % size, not a physical pixel size. In FGC the example I used is 100 - so the defeated marker is set to 100% of the grid. In FGU this will be 40 (in this example) and so the defeated marker will be set to 40% of the grid.

As the FGC ruleset isn't being updated anymore, a simple fix is to use a defeated marker widget size of 100 in the FGU SWADE ruleset code - at line 75 in manager_tokenmarker.lua, replace the current nSize line with local nSize = 100;

The above details are for the ruleset developer, I'm not expecting users to make this change themselves.

In the meantime, I've attached a hotfix extension that should help with this issue. Copy this file to your FGU app data extensions directory, restart FGU (if it's running) and select "HotFix: SWADE FGU Defeated Marker Size" from the extensions list.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe!!! You are a freaking CHAMPION! You could have easily just let this go and you came through. If there were moderator Olympics.. you would win GOLD. Thank you very much! Your fix works like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by fredgar4 View Post
    Trenloe!!! You are a freaking CHAMPION! You could have easily just let this go and you came through. If there were moderator Olympics.. you would win GOLD. Thank you very much! Your fix works like a charm!
    Haha, you're very welcome! Glad it works.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the report and great detective work here. I have addressed this issue in the ruleset v5.4.1 which will be released in either in week or two.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Thanks for the report and great detective work here. I have addressed this issue in the ruleset v5.4.1 which will be released in either in week or two.
    Fantastic! Thanks.

This is not quite the same issue, but I suspect it's related as this only started happening after the size was fixed. Defeated markers now appear in random locations after enemies are removed from the CT.

In this image Xun'Li killed the Thief that was in the square immediately below him, but the blood splat is off to the side. In a combat yesterday the blood splats where so far away as to be almost off the map in one combat.

defeatedsplat.png

Steps to reproduce are Incapacitate enemy and then remove from CT with the remove Icon that appears.

The blue marks on this image indicate where the NPC tokens were before being defeated.
    defeatedsplat.png

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    This is not quite the same issue, but I suspect it's related as this only started happening after the size was fixed. Defeated markers now appear in random locations after enemies are removed from the CT.

In this image Xun'Li killed the Thief that was in the square immediately below him, but the blood splat is off to the side. In a combat yesterday the blood splats where so far away as to be almost off the map in one combat.

Steps to reproduce are Incapacitate enemy and then remove from CT with the remove Icon that appears.
    I can confirm that I'm seeing the same behavior (from my Pathfinder for Savage Worlds game)
    Last edited by lonejedi; October 5th, 2021 at 20:30.
    -Lone Jedi
    (Jason)
    Savage Worlds Evangelist and Monkey of Coding

I think this is an FGU issue rather than a SWADE ruleset problem, as I have noticed the same problem with the portals extension placing PCs/NPCs the same distance from the origin.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information