Starfinder Playlist

Starfinder Society Intro: Year of the Data Scourge SAT July 31st @ 5.30 PM UTC

A good place to get started with SFS as this scenario kicks off season 4.

Tier 1-4, the subtier will depend on the players.

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar, stating which character you'd like to play.

Please schedule around 4 hours for the game.

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-4.

As they return home from a successful mission, a team of Starfinders are caught in the chaos of an ongoing digital attack on Absalom Station. Can the PCs battle their way through malfunctioning technology, hostile robots, and panicked crowds to help defend headquarters, or will the Society's most important digital assets be corrupted by the Data Scourge?

Written by: Jenny Jarzabski

Scenario tags: Repeatable, Metaplot (Data Scourge)

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds Unity (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak (Discord as a backup).

Steps before the game:

If you apply, make sure you let me know your Paizo Organized Play #, character # and your faction.

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG information and Teamspeak server can be found under GM announcements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Some boilerplate clarifications:

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.
    Last edited by stephan_; July 26th, 2021 at 22:19.

Carter and I are in. Level 2 operative & mechanic
    “When you're backed against the wall, break the goddamn thing down.”
    ― Harvey Specter

I'm in, too. I'll have to check which character I can bring. Probably a Witchwarper 1 for low tier, with a few more options for high tier (although at the moment, it looks like low tier).
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Bruce and I are in:

Robb Possible Characters:
    Mystic 1
    Witchwarper 3
    Operative 4

Bruce Possible characters:
    Solder 1

Seems like 5 out of 6 spots filled then.

As a note, it seems like Unity running extremely slow and being prone to crashes was because of the large number of characters. I deleted around 89 % of the characters (reducing the RAM usage from 5GB to 1.5 GB), meaning that 1. it hopefully should now run a bit smoother (there also seems to still be some room for more improvements - the less characters used across campaigns of the same ruleset the less RAM used) and 2. there is a risk I deleted some characters that were still needed. As such, it is best to double-check whether the character you need is still on FG sometime before the start of the game.

Hey I'm Evo, I'd like to join you. I get my second shot on Friday so it's a bit unclear whether I'm gonna be able to make it on Saturday. I've also never played SFS, so since I'd need to create a character anyway. What do we need? I can see only one frontline and one potential healer so far, so maybe one of those?
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

No problem.

1st level character, some player options restricted (mostly because these options are not entirely balanced or their interpretation is very GM-dependant).

CRB should not be any problem, for other options see here (or ask).

While the party is light on tanks and healers, usually party balance is not too much of an issue.

Though maybe one of the other players has any input.
    Last edited by stephan_; July 28th, 2021 at 18:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    Hey I'm Evo, I'd like to join you. I get my second shot on Friday so it's a bit unclear whether I'm gonna be able to make it on Saturday. I've also never played SFS, so since I'd need to create a character anyway. What do we need? I can see only one frontline and one potential healer so far, so maybe one of those?
    Welcome! Play whatever you’d like. We’ll figure out the rest as we play!
    “When you're backed against the wall, break the goddamn thing down.”
    ― Harvey Specter

I have decided to go with an envoy
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Chronicles sent.

Thread Information