5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: FGU Map Woahs

FGU Map Woahs

So in the last six months, well, ever since token locking, really, there have been a series of updates that have sunk my player's gameplay. there are probably simple solutions to these, but they appear to be so counter intuitive none of us can figure them out.

Basically my players can't move their tokens - in any setting, with any kind of consistency.

Moving tokens needs to be one of the most fundamental and solid actions of the program.

The most consistent problem behaves like this:

When my players click on their tokens (loaded up in the order described above) the often get a random token that is on the map (hidden or not, PC or NPC, seemingly chosen at random) pop up in 3/3 square size circle, then disappear, and then when they try to move, it just moves the screen, or a random character, or just nothing at all.

We've also recently started having maps I've built from Smiteworks tools appear to be 'read only' and sometimes not. I don't know how to change read only, and it doesn't appear to me either so have no way of telling if my players can use it. These are maps provided from FG materials like the FG abyss maps, etc.

PLZ help.

Blog Entries
    Well, first be aware that these issues seem to be unusual or even unique, so that means their should be a solution.

First and foremost, disable all extensions, do you still have these problems?
    If so, can you replicate them with a few simple steps?
    If so, can you attach logs, screenshots, a sample campaign, and steps to reproduce?

I think I remember an issue similar to the token one mentioned a few months ago, and it was resolved by updating an extension. The Read Only thing seems new. But is this happening to maps in a campaign you create? Or aps from a module or...?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

We have not been receiving any reports like this; and token locking has been available since before FGU official launch in November last year and defaulting to On since January. Also, the read only flag should only get set when the option is selected in the Export dialog

It almost sounds like you're running different versions of the client, which is causing data confusion on the network layer. (Or possibly an extension doing something.) (Or possibly running old copies of the rulesets.) We're going to need more information in order to help with anything.

* Are you using any extensions in your campaign, or just vanilla?
    * What version is being reported on the launch screen of both GM and player machines?
    * Does this happen on the GM or player machine or both?
    * Can you provide a copy of your campaign folder zipped up; as well as clicking the Compile Logs in the console after loading your campaign? (type /console to open, and press button)
    * Do you have any subfolders within the rulesets or extensions folder within your FG data folder? (click folder button on upper left on launch screen)
    * Can you walk through the exact steps you use for "maps I've built from Smiteworks tools"?

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you @LordEntrails and @MoonWizard, I unloaded all the extensions and it worked fine. We went through them systematically and it appears to be 'critically awesome essentials' that was causing the issues. My druid player is devastated, but we'll live.

Thank you both for your help. Hopefully it stays fixed.

Just as a heads up that when you have an issue, please start with unloading all extensions and/or checking to make sure you have the latest versions of all the extensions you are using.

Since extensions can override the base functionality of the system (because they are modding behaviors) and they are not provided or tested by our team, they can cause issues that are not part of the core system.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    I suspect if you update your extensions they will start working again. Rob and his crew are pretty good at keeping extensions updated when they break.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Varatta View Post
    Thank you @LordEntrails and @MoonWizard, I unloaded all the extensions and it worked fine. We went through them systematically and it appears to be 'critically awesome essentials' that was causing the issues. My druid player is devastated, but we'll live.

Thank you both for your help. Hopefully it stays fixed.
    I use that EXT and not having any issues. With or without all my other 80+ ext loaded.

Thread Information