FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Update

Update

Things have been fairly slow with the AFF FG ruleset of late due to various things, but they are moving once more.

The core ruleset is receiving some attention to iron out bugs and improve the core functionality a bit, and once that is done we will sit down to discuss the next stage of development, automation etc.

I have submitted the Combat Companion module for review and approval, and hopefully that will be available before too long. I know that I (and my grouo) regard that as essential now, and I am aware that lots of others do too.

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain is in the finishing stretches now, and with any luck that will be submitted next week for review.

The Heroes Companion and Demons of Doom are both part done, and they will follow on after Warlock.

I am also hoping that the Beyond the Pit module can be finished soon, which would then kick me into getting the Atlantis Campaign converted. There is a lot going on with Arion Games at the moment, but I am trying to put some time in each day to keep these projects moving.

After that? Well, we have discussed a Stellar Adventures extension, but that is a while in the future yet.

Make sure to grab the latest code from the source control, so you get all the core updates I've been making to keep the ruleset in synch.

Regards,
    JPG

Great news ! Thanks Arion

I appreciate that this isn’t a dead product. But please, get the released products fixed up before releasing anything else. As much as I’d like to see WoFM, I’d rather have what I’ve already bought in a usable state.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgetone View Post
    I appreciate that this isn’t a dead product. But please, get the released products fixed up before releasing anything else. As much as I’d like to see WoFM, I’d rather have what I’ve already bought in a usable state.

Well, I have been playing in a game myself in the ruleset for a few months and it has worked really well.

The big thing on the wishlist is attack automation, which is not easy to do with the coding due to the permutations of the combat system.

Apart from that, what are you having trouble with?

[Also, I cannot do the core ruleset coding, but I can be working on modules, so those don't slow down improvements at all]

Well in the bugs and features thread I did list a fair few items. Big thing was being unable to create weapons and armor items. In all honesty it’s been months since I last bothered trying to use it. The state of the reference manual was a joke on release, missing contents and formatting errors. I’d love automation but totally get that it isn’t straightforward, but being able to create items without hacking XML would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgetone View Post
    Well in the bugs and features thread I did list a fair few items. Big thing was being unable to create weapons and armor items. In all honesty it’s been months since I last bothered trying to use it. The state of the reference manual was a joke on release, missing contents and formatting errors. I’d love automation but totally get that it isn’t straightforward, but being able to create items without hacking XML would be a good start.
    Ah, OK. Well, the weapons and armour now work properly, so you can create those, add them to parcels etc. I know the reference manual has been revamped,but will check that again.

Well I've just updated FGU (live channel) and created a new campaign... still can't create weapons or armour. In fact, I opened a couple of Item records to show you what I see: Beeswax (with character errors) and Crossbow for reference. Unless I'm being completely dense, there is only a single way to create in Item record. The new item record created doesn't seem to resemble the fields of any other existing Item record provided by core content. See attached screen shot for reference, what am I doing wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sedgetone; October 8th, 2023 at 18:10.

Hmmm, strange. There should be a weapon and armour button on the Item window.
    I know that there is another update being submitted today. I am not sure how long it will take to reach users, but when it does, I will check back with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I know that there is another update being submitted today. I am not sure how long it will take to reach users, but when it does, I will check back with you.
    Assuming the correct procedure has been followed with SmiteWorks - usually you'll have received an email with a subject "Tuesday Update Confirmed for ..." If you've received this email confirmation, then your update should go with the next Tuesday update - which are announced each week in the City Hall forum here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...p?37-City-Hall I can't see any update to the AFF ruleset in that forum for a long time.

This is all based off the usual SmiteWorks process - you may have a different process. I recommend you reach out to Jame Holloway if you need clarification on the process and/or the current status of the ruleset updates submitted.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information