FG Spreadshirt Swag

Future idea/question

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I was hoping to get some sort of an answer for a question my friend had for me.

Is there ever going to be a way, for a player to connect via a web browser like Foundry, I love FGU so much, but lately have been running into the issue where players, either don't have a pc that can run it.

it has made their gameplay experience way less than the others, and I feel bad...I know its 2021 and everyone "should" have a better pc but I don't feel its right to say "Sorry your PC sucks, can't play"

I know the workaroud with Teamviewer and Streaming a screen so others can see, but I was hoping for a more long term solution maybe?

Thanks for all the hard work you all put in, I know it wasn't easy but you really have made one of the best things for TTRPGS!

Changing to a browser based solution would require FG to be rewritten from the bottom up. So no, very unlikely. There may be something in the future which allows browsing of owned material such as modules or character sheets, but FG is not going to become Foundry or Roll20.

You can always add suggestions to the ideas informer - link in my signature.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    The devs have asked that all feature requests get added to the wish list; https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    If needed, a related and linked discussion here can be used as well.

FG will probably never have a browser interface. It would need a web server added to the architecture of the client, making client connections even more troublesome. If you need you can not use lighting, effects and LOS and if your maps are not large, the resources required are pretty minimal. Plus their are various quality settings a player can use to improve their performance as well even if you are using lighting, effects, and LOS.

If you give us details on what is happening, including player and GM logs right after an issue, someone may be able to provide better suggestions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you for the response, I thought that would be the case.

Thread Information