STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 25 First 1234513 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaister View Post
    So this means that the source code of these extensions is no longer accessible then, right?
    I think thats the case if the creator has chosen that (ie: gets downloaded to Vault, rather than Extension folder), so the posts above explain...

I'm not sure I like this... does it mean we can't fix things, *even* if we bought it?

I can only see this creating more fragmentation as 100s of users scramble to upload fixes for the same extensions (like RimWorld's terribad implementation), this could be moderated by being a curated store, but I've not seen any company pull that off, even Steam binned it (eek)
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; July 20th, 2021 at 08:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    there is no download or get button on each extension page, even if logged in, only on the search page, is this intentional?

Suggestion: a ruleset compatibility filter & known issues/bugs

Suggestion: even if paid content a user should be able to correct or submit bugs, by having content in the vault, users can be stuck with broken, unsupported or unfixed ext, some integration somewhere to allow user submitted fixes might be a modern way forward
    There is a filter for ruleset.

Report issues on the forums. It will be up to the author to release fixes and updates. 99.9% of users won't have a clue how to fix an issue. It's up to the author whether they add the files to the vault or allow the code to be viewed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

God bless SW . There is a bit of confusion on how crafters put subtypes for filtering but that totally fine. I am just so glad you have added this feature!!!!
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There is a filter for ruleset.
    not an Accurate one ;-)

example: Token Height is listed as 5E, but actually supports multiple rulesets, including 3.5 and OGL, this could be corrected, I think

Report issues on the forums. It will be up to the author to release fixes and updates. 99.9% of users won't have a clue how to fix an issue.
    not sure I agree with that, but it's conjecture, so we should leave that

It's up to the author whether they add the files to the vault or allow the code to be viewed
    That's true, same for users, they can choose whether to use this or something offsite which is curated and has user submitted fixes/review/editable

still, I'm hopeful! all progress is good progress!

congrats, let see how it goes!
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; July 20th, 2021 at 12:00.

there is no download or get button on each extension page, even if logged in, only on the search page, is this intentional?
    The extensions get downloaded if you hit the update button in the FG launcher

About the vault stuff: Well, the same holds for official modules and extensions (although the latter are rare in the FG shop) And you can always ask the corresponding dev whether or not they want to put something into the usual data folder I think most devs probably keep the data folder (or have a separate git distribution), and maybe more devs are attracted if they see that they can protect their code via the vault

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    not quite, let me show you in discord, as images are not shareable here

basically, I can only download from the search page, not from the extension page

I am thinking there is something not correct with cache and login tokens

maybe more devs are attracted if they see that they can protect their code via the vault
    maybe, but that isn't true of industry, quite the opposite now, openness is the only progress, with the intention that if everyone can see flaws, then everyone can suggest fixes

but sure, there's always a counter argument that it doesn't apply everywhere

bah I'm only grumbling, so it gets fixed! I do like FG very much, forward is always better

"squeaky wheels get greased"

still, happy to see how it plays out!
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; July 20th, 2021 at 13:44.

not quite, let me show you in discord, as images are not shareable here

basically, I can only download from the search page, not from the extension page

I am thinking there is something not correct with cache and login tokens

maybe, but that isn't true of industry, quite the opposite now, openness is the only progress

but sure, there's always a counter argument

still, happy to see how it plays out!
    Oh, yes, I can swear that the "Get!" button was shown on the extension's forge page yesterday, but indeed, today it is gone

About industry: Hm, oki (I have honestly not much experience in that regard, just speculating around )

Tried to apply as a Crafter this morning but my application kept getting rejected as "invalid" until I clicked the "I want to sell things" checkbox and then gave it my Paypal and Tax ID.

Not sure if that's intentional, a bug, or just a really weird coincidence that my first 4-5 times submitting failed and just happened to work after checking that box and filling that extra info in. I plan to release all my stuff free so didn't expect I'd need to check that box.

A nice feature would be a means to see all Forge items listed by a particular author, so if you like someone's work, it's easy to find their other stuff. Basically, a Profile page for authors with a link to their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post

About the vault stuff: Well, the same holds for official modules and extensions (although the latter are rare in the FG shop) And you can always ask the corresponding dev whether or not they want to put something into the usual data folder I think most devs probably keep the data folder (or have a separate git distribution), and maybe more devs are attracted if they see that they can protect their code via the vault
    I'm pretty sure the fact the "vault" being the default selection when creating a deliverable is why any "free" stuff currently has it set (by mistake as dev was not aware what it actually did). As for intentionally setting it? No clue of the reasoning as extensions are usually things people modify as part of the reason for grabbing them. If the author doesn't want you to modify or see their deliverables though (intentionally chose vault) that is their choice as seller. This can be especially true when dealing with art or other proprietary stuff. Your choice as customer is to ask them to change it to "data" so the .ext/.mod is available to you - live with the authors choice - or don't get that product.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information