STAR TREK 2d20
Page 22 of 25 First ... 122021222324 ... Last
    I feel like if extensions aren't going to display whether they are vault or data, on their Forge page

It's a good idea to display on the client interface/initialisation... after all, there's a lot of wasted space on the client splash, something like 70% of the screen, when maximised

in fact, that maybe a better solution...

I must say, having a separate currency that you have to buy in order to pay for content leaves an extremely bad taste in my mouth. I am very surprised that it was considered at all, given Smiteworks' usual great consumer friendly approach to things. This is incredibly out of character.

Edit: I've just read Doug's reasoning (post #62 of the thread) and while I sympathise, I expect it won't remove the anti-consumer perceptions of such a practice.
    Last edited by Surge; July 26th, 2021 at 13:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    I must say, having a separate currency that you have to buy in order to pay for content leaves an extremely bad taste in my mouth. I am very surprised that it was considered at all, given Smiteworks' usual great consumer friendly approach to things. This is incredibly out of character.
    There’s a good reason for this. See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post612032
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Hello Surge, you can read about it earlier in the thread for the reasoning. The short summary is that PayPal transaction fees on micro transactions are very high and allowing those would prohibit us from being able to allow crafter to offer low priced product like you see in the Forge already.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Hello Surge, you can read about it earlier in the thread for the reasoning. The short summary is that PayPal transaction fees on micro transactions are very high and allowing those would prohibit us from being able to allow crafter to offer low priced product like you see in the Forge already.
    In order to assuage the immediately negative reaction in what I expect will be everyone's first thought when discovering gold is required, maybe it's worth explaining this right on the Treasury page? At least then people can see you aren't trying to be anti-consumer, and there are reasons beyond your control?

In order to assuage the immediately negative reaction in what I expect will be everyone's first thought when discovering gold is required, maybe it's worth explaining this right on the Treasury page? At least then people can see you aren't trying to be anti-consumer, and there are reasons beyond your control?
    I think you’re over estimating the negativity of everyone's first thoughts about this. Based off reactions in this thread where maybe 3 or 4 people that think of this a similar way you do, whereas the majority of people giving feedback in this thread don’t appear to have an "anti-consumer" opinion or negative reaction.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I mean, if we're counting opinions, I also have a negative opinion of that approach--but totally understand why it makes sense.
    That being said, I wouldn't be buying those extensions anyway since I think extensions should be free/donation-based.

Blog Entries
    I added a developer ticket to add this language to the Treasury screen:

Why Gold?

Gold allows SmiteWorks to offer low cost Forge items from crafters without experiencing excessive transaction fees that would otherwise make it prohibitive to offer items under $5. This allows crafters to create and price the products at whatever price they want, allows users to transfer gold from one another without incurring additional fees, and allows for future functionality around donations and patronage.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I added a developer ticket to add this language to the Treasury screen:

Why Gold?

Gold allows SmiteWorks to offer low cost Forge items from crafters without experiencing excessive transaction fees that would otherwise make it prohibitive to offer items under $5. This allows crafters to create and price the products at whatever price they want, allows users to transfer gold from one another without incurring additional fees, and allows for future functionality around donations and patronage.
    Nice one!

The Shop page is way better than before, not perfect but it's an iterative process (like all dev).

Main nitpicks from me (probably already said in the last 22 pages):
    - Product Category and Types as checkboxes would be better in my opinion as you can filter more convenient (showing entry number at the top maybe [like some other sites do it])
    - The rating process seems a bit unintuitive. Some enhanced form with the number of ratings would be preferred. Also, a comment / review section would help immensely (like on for example on DMsGuild)
    - Some way to actually "delete" items from the inventory. Sometimes an extension gets absorbed into another one or an auhtor stops working on it. I think it would be good if we can declutter our inventory and don't need to see every non-updated non-working extension there.

Otherwise a really nice system which greatly enhances the QoL for all sides imo.

Thread Information