Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
Page 24 of 25 First ... 1422232425 Last
  1. #231
    I should have written "the forge", indeed, not outside SW.

  2. #232
    One issue I just noticed - When you advance to the next page of results the page stays scrolled to the bottom. This makes it so that after the first page you have to scroll all the way up, then all the way back down to see all the listings and go to the next page.

    Also to reiterate this issue I brought up before: Should Core RPG compatible extensions also show up when a ruleset that is built on Core is selected as the filter? Or is that set by the developer when they make the listing? i.e. can the developer tell the filter system that an extension is for both Core and 5E?

  3. #233
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    29,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Naurthoron View Post
    I should have written "the forge", indeed, not outside SW.
    So we’re back to community stuff in the forums, and no incentive for devs to produce content? Do you really want to stop using the Forge and go back to manually checking the forums, downloading and overwriting extensions?

    Like it or not, the fact that FG community devs could get some recompense for their work has led to a big increase in available content.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  4. #234
    I really like the new Forge and what it offers!

    After working with it over the last couple of days, I have a few suggestions:

    1) Is it possible to get an option so that we can sort the shop page to show the newest/updated extensions in descending date order?
    That way we can see what is new if we're just perusing and not looking for a specific item in the shop.

    2) In the actual item page, is it possible to get a dedicated field at the top, like under the rating, that has the link to the help/comments topic in the forum?
    The items I've looked through have it somewhere in the description, if at all. Depending on the length of the description, some of which are quite detailed, it can take a bit to find the link.
    Having a dedicated field at the top where everyone knows where to look makes it really easy to find to ask questions or get help.

    3) Are the suggestions for improvements to the Forge being tracked in the Idea Informer, or is the list under consideration only internal to SmiteWorks?
    It would be useful to see what is under consideration and, depending on the complexity of the improvement request, might be helpful if people can vote to show how much it is wanted.

    Lastly, this is a question and not a suggestion, what is the difference between the Accessory and Free Supplement items in the Product Type filter?
    It seems like a lot of items listed as a Free Supplement could also be listed as an Accessory with no price, so not sure what differentiates one from the other. It also seems to cross over into the Price filter which is kind of confusing.

    Thank you again for making this happen and looking forward to using this going forward!

    FlyingFortress

  5. #235
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    29,876
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFortress17 View Post
    Lastly, this is a question and not a suggestion, what is the difference between the Accessory and Free Supplement items in the Product Type filter?
    It seems like a lot of items listed as a Free Supplement could also be listed as an Accessory with no price, so not sure what differentiates one from the other. It also seems to cross over into the Price filter which is kind of confusing.
    I think the categories have been taken from the store categories. So, yeah, it can be a bit confusing when trying to fit your product into the current categories. Hopefully there'll be some refinement of the available categories and guidance on what to select at some point.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  6. #236
    Thanks for your ideas. We're only tracking these items internally for now; especially since we haven't even done our final marketing announcement for launch of the Forge yet. We'll refine the process as we go.

    Regards,
    JPG

  7. #237

    Forum Major Category add for "The Forge"

    Can we get the Forge added as a major category in the Forums?. It would give us a place to discuss and post questions regarding extensions that targets the right audience. Also, you could take the forum link currently on the forge site and point it back directly to it's proper category. No I will not put this in any kind of suggestion box, take this simple request and do with it what you will.

  8. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Thanks for your ideas. We're only tracking these items internally for now; especially since we haven't even done our final marketing announcement for launch of the Forge yet. We'll refine the process as we go.

    Regards,
    JPG
    Well keep in mind - Aug 1st you will see a number of refugees from DMsG and the wrath of WOTC on extensions! Tick tock!
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

  9. #239
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,118
    Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    Can we get the Forge added as a major category in the Forums?. It would give us a place to discuss and post questions regarding extensions that targets the right audience. Also, you could take the forum link currently on the forge site and point it back directly to it's proper category. No I will not put this in any kind of suggestion box, take this simple request and do with it what you will.
    What would be the point of that as opposed to the various subforums of The Armory?
    I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just genuinely curious why you'd want Forge products to be separate.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 26th, 2021 at 22:42.
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  10. #240
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    29,876
    Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    No I will not put this in any kind of suggestion box, take this simple request and do with it what you will.
    OK, weird comment, but whatever floats your boat…. Moved your post to the Forge discussion thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in