FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 25 of 25 First ... 15232425

This thread was accidentally closed. It has been re-opened for discussion. Pardon the interruption.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WishX View Post
    This thread was accidentally closed. It has been re-opened for discussion. Pardon the interruption.
    I think its part of a grand conspiracy and I think you are just running protection for whoever is responsible.
    Ill get to the bottom of this and expose your dastardly plans just you wait and see!

Roll me an investigation check with Advantage...

Does my Knowledge (Conspiracy Theories) give me advantage or a plus to the roll?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Does my Knowledge (Conspiracy Theories) give me advantage or a plus to the roll?
    I think the proper way to apply that is to display that you got a large bonus but we actually grant you a penalty.

Any chance that the Forge will be getting Affiliate systems negotiated with some of the rulesets kind of like the TAS program for DTRPG? MGT2 in particular but I'm sure there are many others that would benefit from being able to create content using some of their IP. I'd like to be able to make deckplans (with my own assets etc..) but based on a standard design and release them here. If you release content using the Vault option doesn't that restrict the content to Fantasy Grounds? Maybe that feature would help leverage publishers to agree. I know you neck deep in 5e right now so maybe this is jumping the gun a bit. Maybe some vaulted fantasy grounds exclusive content would help drive FGU and ruleset purchases.

Since you are going to need FGU to be able to download anything from the vault then yes, that 'restricts' it to FGU. Not sure who else would want to buy an extension for FGU other than users of the program.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharoid View Post
    Any chance that the Forge will be getting Affiliate systems negotiated with some of the rulesets kind of like the TAS program for DTRPG? MGT2 in particular but I'm sure there are many others that would benefit from being able to create content using some of their IP. I'd like to be able to make deckplans (with my own assets etc..) but based on a standard design and release them here. If you release content using the Vault option doesn't that restrict the content to Fantasy Grounds? Maybe that feature would help leverage publishers to agree. I know you neck deep in 5e right now so maybe this is jumping the gun a bit. Maybe some vaulted fantasy grounds exclusive content would help drive FGU and ruleset purchases.
    Yes, quite possibly. I am in talks with a number of publishers who would be interested in allowing you to link directly to their products within your own creations. This would create a dependency on their product, though, so we need to think about the best way to provide this information to customers of the FG Forge. If it becomes popular, we could even pre-determine whether or not you had all the dependencies on your account already or if you need to buy anything else before you can use the Forge item. For instance, if you used tokens from one of Devin Night's packs, NPCs from Kobold Press' Tome of Beasts, or you used a map from an AAW module. This method would require you to link to those items and not duplicate it. Stay tuned for more guidance on this subject.

I'm closing this thread now. There is an official sub-forum for Forge support now.

Forum
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...isplay.php?129

Overview Post
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...read.php?69807

Any further discussions should be started as new threads in that forum, and any suggestions should be added to the wish list.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information