DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Announcing the FG Forge

We are announcing the FG Forge to friends on the forums and on Discord today, ahead of a more public launch announcement next week.

The Fantasy Grounds Forge (the FG Forge) is a new system where creators can share content for free or sell it. Forge users can then purchase or subscribe to content and any updates for it will automatically update within Fantasy Grounds Unity whenever the user runs an Update. Whenever the creator pushes a new version, these changes will get automatically installed whenever the user runs an Update. Never again will users need to hunt down updates on multiple forum pages after an update. Creators will be able to see how many people are subscribed, earn money, receive donations (coming soon), ratings, and more.

All forum users can access the forge to subscribe to creations, and forum users can also sign up to be approved as a creator. We have heavy moderation for now, so every new crafter, item, image, and build upload has to go through moderation and approval. As time goes on, we will add the ability for trusted crafters to be auto-approved.

Link:
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com
    For Forge Support Tickets or Bug Reports:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...rtal/1/group/8
    Last edited by WishX; July 20th, 2021 at 18:30. Reason: Added ticket link

How do you unsubscribe?

Found it, its under inventory.

Great work, thanks for doing this and putting this out.
    Last edited by MrDDT; July 20th, 2021 at 03:39.

yay!
    I can't wait to see where this takes FG

Jolly Good.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

What is the process going to be for paid extensions the we have already paid for on the DMsGuild?
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

Quote Originally Posted by daggerfortysix View Post
    What is the process going to be for paid extensions the we have already paid for on the DMsGuild?
    There is none at the moment according to talks I've had with them. Ideally there would be a link provided by DMsG that was usable as validation of purchase in SW Forge but that would require two separate companies to agree on it. As email is how DMsG handles its sales (which may not match email used in SW) and is private data - that's the only way I can think of doing it. But I'm no expert.

Gist is - my paid will wait till something is worked out - if anything. Requires DMsG to give permission to move - and then provide some validation that it was already paid for. If they wish to even do something like that.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

This is fantastic. Already downloaded me some new extensions!!

It's really great to see some of my favorite authors already engaged with the Forge. What a great addition to the platform, well done!

Thread Information