DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 25 First ... 111920212223 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Many authors, including me, agreed on to rename their extensions to fit a specific scheme (Like adding a prefix "Feature: [...]") I notified my users about that, though I did not rename the file itself such that the old one was overwritten So if you are speaking about that the name of the extension in the forge changed while the non-forge version had a different name, then it was probably because of the alignment to this prefix scheme
    Personally, I prefer the name to be exactly what the file name is (or as close to it as you can without breaking file naming rules).

It's a pain in the butt when you trying to find an ext, and the name is completely different than what its name is in the loading screen of the game.

@SmiteWorks Forge people.
    I'm trying to sort my inventory in the forge shop by date, and it doesnt seem to be working.

But then again much easier to find all your extensions when they're all under the Feature section of the extensions dialog. Which is where they should be. All I asked some developers to do was prefix their extension name with 'Feature-' so that it complied with all of the official extensions that you'll find on the extension list.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Are you talking for the free ones in the forums? Because if you own it in DMsG and plan to "double buy" it in Forge that would not really be possible. As DMsG usually renames stuff from what you actually deliver. As in - it will be different name in those cases (rare - I would not think many would double buy a product).
    I am talking generally, I had 2 extensions renamed 3 times within a week. I am fine with rename but find a scheme and try to keep it, please. Some are in vault and quite a mess to check . The update for extension on DmGuild is manual so you can change it as much as you want

Many authors, including me, agreed on to rename their extensions to fit a specific scheme (Like adding a prefix "Feature: [...]") I notified my users about that, though I did not rename the file itself such that the old one was overwritten So if you are speaking about that the name of the extension in the forge changed while the non-forge version had a different name, then it was probably because of the alignment to this prefix scheme
    Fine but some authors changed the name of an extension 3 times in a week... I hope was just a case
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Quote Originally Posted by Drogo210 View Post
    I am talking generally, I had 2 extensions renamed 3 times within a week. I am fine with rename but find a scheme and try to keep it, please. Some are in vault and quite a mess to check . The update for extension on DmGuild is manual so you can change it as much as you want

Fine but some authors changed the name of an extension 3 times in a week... I hope was just a case
    Ah, oki, that is something different then probably; you may want to write that specific dev to avoid that happening (there is also a message button in the forge) It is unusual that extensions are renamed that regularly

If the file was installed by the Forge and later the file was renamed by the author, then the old one should be removed, and the new one should be installed. The FG Updater keeps track of which files that it installed, so that it can remove on uninstall without you losing any data you created or added.

If you had a file manually installed previously and the Forge installs a different file name, then we have no control over that since the previous file was manually installed under a different name.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If the file was installed by the Forge and later the file was renamed by the author, then the old one should be removed, and the new one should be installed. The FG Updater keeps track of which files that it installed, so that it can remove on uninstall without you losing any data you created or added.

If you had a file manually installed previously and the Forge installs a different file name, then we have no control over that since the previous file was manually installed under a different name.

Regards,
    JPG
    Wow nice feature. Thanks Moon for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    @SmiteWorks Forge people.
    I'm trying to sort my inventory in the forge shop by date, and it doesnt seem to be working.
    So after further review, I noticed that none of the sorting options are working in the inventory on the forge.

Not sure if I post bugs to here or house of healing for forge, so apologies if this is in the incorrect place.

When I try and get FG Dev Tools - Properties Inspector I receive the error 'Error: Failed to create subscription in patch system'

Thanks

In this thread is fine for now. We'll make another read-only announcement thread when we officially launch (just soft launch right now).

The support link is actually in the first post of this thread.

Regards,
    JPG

The category is a drop down. Could this be changed to a check list?

There are extensions which cover, for example, 5e and Pathfinder, but not Savage Worlds. Those are under CoreRPG, but they don't work with SWADE, Traveller, etc. It makes sense that creators pick CoreRPG when it works with 4 D&D versions, but that makes a long list for non-D&D players to wade through. It also means players have to experiment to figure out that it doesn't work with their game system, even though it derives from CoreRPG. Some of the creators don't realize their extension doesn't really work with all CoreRPG games. How would they? A checklist means no assumptions on either side and a more accurate search filter.

I have an extension that works with both Savage Worlds Deluxe and SWADE. I could choose only one, and CoreRPG was out because it's for Savage Worlds only, so I created two entries with the same extension file. Ikael pointed out that may cause problems if the player picks both.

Great work on the Forge, btw. Thanks! Now that we have it, we'll probably wonder why we didn't have this years ago.

Thread Information