STAR TREK 2d20

Effects coding for cover

I hate to be a dumb bunny, but I have been studying the FGU wiki on effects and the forums and still cannot perfect the coding for this effect. I want to code for both the increase in armor class and the increase in the DEX save that 3/4 cover gives. When I use the code

COVER 3/4; AC: 5; SAVE: 5

I get the desired effect, except that all ability score checks are increased. So in addition to the protected character getting a boost to save against Fireball (which uses DEX save), they also get a +5 to the save against Charm (which uses WIS save). When I try to put in the [DEX] modifier to restrict the boost to DEX save, it cancels the boost to the saves. I have tried to put it [DEX] in a number of places, but nothing seems to work.

Blog Entries
    [dexterity]
    I believe is the correct syntax, not the abbreviation. Wiki will have the details.

Myself, I just use the buttons under the chat window as needed. Easier than trying to turn effects on and off.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The wiki for 5E Effects is located here:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ced+Automation

Coding a +5 to dexterity saves would look like this:
    "SAVE: 5 dexterity"

The [DEX] tag is only for effects initially applied from PC sheets to read the PC dexterity bonus when the effect is added to the combat tracker. (Noted in the "A Word on Syntax" section.)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Coding a +5 to dexterity saves would look like this:
    "SAVE: 5 dexterity"JPG
    Thank you. That worked. I have to tell you, I have been reading the wiki pages on effects and searching the forums for hints over and over again. I am still confused by a lot of it and end up having to do repeated trial and error runs to figure out codes even for very simple effects.

Quote Originally Posted by GerryWright View Post
    Thank you. That worked. I have to tell you, I have been reading the wiki pages on effects and searching the forums for hints over and over again. I am still confused by a lot of it and end up having to do repeated trial and error runs to figure out codes even for very simple effects.
    Try these videos https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Thank you. I have watched some of the videos and they have been a great help.

Thread Information