DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Reference Manual - personal classes

I was wondering if I could define custom classes for use within the Reference Manual.
    Maybe used to show lists of information (data on races, classes, etc.)

Can it be? If so, how?
    FGU ULTIMATE License
    Click here for RPG Music or here for Dwarves songs on Spotify

Currently the easiest way to construct a reference manual is to create story entries and then use Author to create the reference https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Project-Author
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, I found it and it is a great product. But I'm studying and I'd like to learn how it works to understand the potential.
    FGU ULTIMATE License

If you don't want to use Author then then you'll need to do the construction in xml. The easiest way to see what the structure that you need is to take one of the SRD modules from your modules folder and unzip it and look at the db.xml or client.xml structures in those modules.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm doing this. I'm writing all by myself, but I don't know if I can use personal classes inside a Reference Manual.

I try to explain myself better. One of the pages of the manual should contain a well-organized list of information.
    I would like to show it in a custom way, but the only way I can find is to use a table. I would actually prefer something
    different, so I was thinking of doing a custom class if that was possible.
    Last edited by Xarxus; July 19th, 2021 at 16:38.
    FGU ULTIMATE License

The reference manual specifically supports simple fields, such as image and formatted text; as well as frames and captions. You should be able to add basic tables in a formatted text field. There are several examples in the existing reference manuals, such as 5E class progression tables.

You can not inject new behaviors into the reference manual without writing an extension that would be required to view your material. If this is for the FG DLC store, we would not allow this to prevent user confusion.

Regards,
    JPG

I thought this solution. Tell me if if is out of standard.
    In rueset I define a windowclass for a referencepage with inside a windowlist. The class used by the windowlist defines each field I've to show in my table and references the fields I inserted into the module.
    In the module I define the data and a block (text) with a linklist.

In this way my Reference Manual has a link in a page that opens a window with the table inside, formatted as I want.
    FGU ULTIMATE License

You could do something like that, but that doesn't change the core issue.

If you are creating a new window class just to display your table data, then that requires an extension to be loaded by the user before the module can be used (or they will receive a missing window class error when attempting to open). It's a little less work in the extension than modifying the reference manual classes; but the extension requirement remains.

Again, if this is for the FG DLC store, we wouldn't allow that. I only re-iterate, because I'm not sure what you are creating or who the audience is for your creation.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information