DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Token lighting question

Using the Unity lighting effects my players have torch or candle lighting to use while going through caves provided they have them in inventory. These are 2nd lvl characters 3 out of 5 are human and without the benefit of dark vision.
    My question is how do you handle a player (an archer in this case) that is holding a torch but then throws the torch into the room when combat starts so that they can use their bow? Theoretically the light would transfer from the character and then be dimmer at the spot where it landed. The only way I can see it being done is to turn off the characters torch light effect and then put the game on hold while I add a dim light to the location where the torch landed… This slows the game down and is disruptive of the flow. Is there a way to do this without having to go into the light menu and editing the map? What are you all doing when this issue comes up within game play?
    TIA
    Last edited by Wert; July 18th, 2021 at 23:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Wert View Post
    Using the Unity lighting effects my players have torch or candle lighting to use while going through caves provided they have them in inventory. These are 2nd lvl characters 3 out of 5 are human and without the benefit of dark vision.
    My question is how do you handle a player (an archer in this case) that is holding a torch but then throws the torch into the room when combat starts so that they can use their bow? Theoretically the light would transfer from the character and then be dimmer at the spot where it landed. The only way I can see it being done is to turn off the characters torch light effect and then put the game on hold while I add a dim light to the location where the torch landed… This slows the game down and is disruptive of the flow. Is there a way to do this without having to go into the light menu and editing the map? What are you all doing when this issue comes up within game play?
    TIA
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/358...ty-Easy-Lights

I use this, however, before this. I made an NPC with a torch ICON with 2 effects on it in the CT.
    I would then turn on 1 effect if it was not on the ground (LIGHT: 20 torch), if it was on the ground I would turn off the other effect and put (LIGHT: 10 torch)

Thank you MrDDT. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thread Information