5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

How to input an actual (real) die roll?

We are using FGU mostly for the mapping features, on a VTT setup (large LCD monitor laying flat)

While some players are fine using the virtual dice, some prefer to roll real dice. Is there an easy way (as player or gm) to make a real dice roll, then input it into FGU so that it behaves as a virtual dice roll? That is, still have it do hit/no hit, apply damage to targeted creature, etc.

Or, if that's not possible, is there a way you can maybe roll the virtual dice and then GM change the value after the roll (to match the value rolled on the real dice?

Any way to pull this off?

Quote Originally Posted by ezeeetm View Post
    We are using FGU mostly for the mapping features, on a VTT setup (large LCD monitor laying flat)

While some players are fine using the virtual dice, some prefer to roll real dice. Is there an easy way (as player or gm) to make a real dice roll, then input it into FGU so that it behaves as a virtual dice roll? That is, still have it do hit/no hit, apply damage to targeted creature, etc.

Or, if that's not possible, is there a way you can maybe roll the virtual dice and then GM change the value after the roll (to match the value rolled on the real dice?

Any way to pull this off?
    Manual Rolls in Options.

And also (as I recently discovered) it should be possible to drag the 2 manual roll states (on and off) separately from Options to 2 spots on your quick bar, at the bottom of the screen, making swapping between states very quick.

I do exactly the same as you (or did and will be doing!) for face-to-face games, minis on a horizontal tv, all PCs rolling using real dice with me then typing into 'Manual Rolls', then switching back to me using FG for all rolls, so this quick swapping between roll states will make my work flow much smoother.

Cheers,

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    And also (as I recently discovered) it should be possible to drag the 2 manual roll states (on and off) separately from Options to 2 spots on your quick bar, at the bottom of the screen, making swapping between states very quick.

I do exactly the same as you (or did and will be doing!) for face-to-face games, minis on a horizontal tv, all PCs rolling using real dice with me then typing into 'Manual Rolls', then switching back to me using FG for all rolls, so this quick swapping between roll states will make my work flow much smoother.
    I never thought of this. Great idea. I play with a combination of in person (my family) and remote (friends) and switching back and forth was a bit annoying.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

Thread Information