FG Spreadshirt Swag

New effect option (or maybe it's there and sneaky?)

Hello! I am wondering if it's possible to get some effects added for the 13th Age ruleset. For instance, Humans have the Quick to Fight racial ability that lets you roll twice and take the higher result, which is basically the equivalent of 5e's ADVINIT. Barbarian rage then is equivalent to the 5e ruleset's ADVATK.

So basically, since another ruleset has those, can those just be modified and included in 13th Age? It's also possible there is something like this, which is sneakily included; If that's the case, what all effects like that are included?

Thank you for the continual improvements!

Currently, there is no community developer working on the 13th Age ruleset; so we are only maintaining the ruleset with bug fixes and ensuring compatibility with core ruleset changes.

The kinds of changes you are talking about could be implemented as an extension (i.e. mod) of existing ruleset, if someone with technical skills has time to tackle.

Typically, automation is focused on the 80-90% target with a focus on common rolls (attack, damage, heal, etc.). Usually, narrow powers which are not automated will need to be handled manually at the table. (Just tell the player they need to remember to roll a d20, and let you know as GM if their ability kicks in and you can adjust manually.)

Regards,
    JPG

I'm the community dev for 13th Age MW, and I've been pushing out updates fairly frequently.

Hello! I am wondering if it's possible to get some effects added for the 13th Age ruleset. For instance, Humans have the Quick to Fight racial ability that lets you roll twice and take the higher result, which is basically the equivalent of 5e's ADVINIT. Barbarian rage then is equivalent to the 5e ruleset's ADVATK.
    This is already on my TODO list. No ETA though.

Thread Information