DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Little Trouble in Big Absalom, FGU/PF2e Tutorial

FG License: GM has FGU Ultimate, so players can use FGU Free Demo
    Game System: Pathfinder 2e

Time Zone: Pacific Time
    Day of week and time: Negotiable, Available Most Weeknights from 4 pm PT and Most Weekends
    If new game, planned start date: Negotiable, Ready to start when you are
    Planned Duration & Frequency: This is a one-shot that will take from 4-6 hours depending on how familiar the players are with FGU and PF2e and how much roleplaying they do
    Term: One-Shot

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 25/75
    Number of Players in game & needed: 4-5 needed, would prefer that all players already be acquainted socially
    Character starting level & equipment: 1st Level Kobolds
    Character restrictions: Characters are pre-generated

Details of your scenario:
    Trouble in the City
    Always living in the shadows is hard when you’re a clever and regal creature like a kobold.
    Now it’s time to make a name for yourself and bring honor and prestige to your clan.
    In Little Trouble in Big Absalom, you take on the role of one of five kobolds from the Hookclaw clan tasked with exploring a treasure-laden vault discovered by a team of Hookclaw diggers.

This one-shot adventure was published by Paizo (publishers of Pathfinder 2nd Edition) as part of Free RPG day in 2020.
    The adventure has two chapters, so a second session could be added if the first chapter takes up the whole session.

Intent:
    Are you one of a group of friends who would like to start playing a fantasy tabletop roleplaying game but don't know how to get started?
    This is a one-shot adventure that will teach you about playing Pathfinder 2nd Edition using Discord, Fantasy Grounds Unity, and Syrinscape.
    All of the software being used is licensed to the GM such that there is no cost to the players.
    I will help with technology setup and will provide an in-game tutorial in addition to written documentation.
    I will also answer questions and provide advice on how to play.
    After the session is over, you and your friends will be ready to participate in other Pathfinder 2nd Edition adventures.

I am running these sessions for two reasons.
    First, I think that it is difficult to get started with roleplaying games if you are new and it is even more difficult with a complex rules system like Pathfinder 2nd Edition.
    When technology like Discord and Fantasy Grounds are added to the mix, it can be overwhelming for new players to deal with.
    The concept behind this session is to focus on removing these barriers to entry while enjoying a light-hearted adventure.
    Second, I would like the players to have a chance to evaluate how they like what I do as a GM.
    While I have experience running two long-term campaigns, it is always good to get more feedback on how I can do better.
    In addition, if the players would like to do more adventuring with me as GM, we can discuss a paid game arrangement for additional one-shots or a long-term campaign.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=6127

If you are interested, please send me a Private Message with your Discord user ID and ####.
    Last edited by SillyOldeBear; July 24th, 2021 at 00:43.

I am interested

Hello, I am fairly new to Pathfinder 2e but have been playing various systems for 20 years. Are you still running the oneshot? I am interested in playing. I am on the east coast so I am 3 hours ahead of you but my time is fairly flexible. Please let me know what the game status is and I I can jump in.

Thank you! Mark J

Quote Originally Posted by SillyOldeBear View Post

Day of week and time: Negotiable, Available Most Weeknights from 4 pm PT and Most Weekends
    Planned Duration & Frequency: This is a one-shot that will take from 4-6 hours depending on how familiar the players are with FGU and PF2e and how much roleplaying they do

Number of Players in game & needed: 4-5 needed, would prefer that all players already be acquainted socially

Trouble in the City
    Always living in the shadows is hard when you’re a clever and regal creature like a kobold.
    Now it’s time to make a name for yourself and bring honor and prestige to your clan.
    In Little Trouble in Big Absalom, you take on the role of one of five kobolds from the Hookclaw clan tasked with exploring a treasure-laden vault discovered by a team of Hookclaw diggers.

This one-shot adventure was published by Paizo (publishers of Pathfinder 2nd Edition) as part of Free RPG day in 2020.
    The adventure has two chapters, so a second session could be added if the first chapter takes up the whole session.

Intent:
    Are you one of a group of friends who would like to start playing a fantasy tabletop roleplaying game but don't know how to get started?
    This is a one-shot adventure that will teach you about playing Pathfinder 2nd Edition using Discord, Fantasy Grounds Unity, and Syrinscape.
    All of the software being used is licensed to the GM such that there is no cost to the players.
    I will help with technology setup and will provide an in-game tutorial in addition to written documentation.
    After the session is over, you and your friends will be ready to participate in other Pathfinder 2nd Edition adventures.

First, I think that it is difficult to get started with roleplaying games if you are new and it is even more difficult with a complex rules system like Pathfinder 2nd Edition.
    When technology like Discord and Fantasy Grounds are added to the mix, it can be overwhelming for new players to deal with.
    The concept behind this session is to focus on removing these barriers to entry while enjoying a light-hearted adventure.
    Second, I would like the players to have a chance to evaluate how they like what I do as a GM.
    While I have experience running two long-term campaigns, it is always good to get more feedback on how I can do better.
    In addition, if the players would like to do more adventuring with me as GM, we can discuss a paid game arrangement for additional one-shots or a long-term campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by opus1971 View Post
    Hello, I am fairly new to Pathfinder 2e but have been playing various systems for 20 years. Are you still running the oneshot? I am interested in playing. I am on the east coast so I am 3 hours ahead of you but my time is fairly flexible. Please let me know what the game status is and I I can jump in.

Thank you! Mark J
    Thanks for your interest. I would be happy to run it, but it might be better if we had more players when I do. The scenario is designed for the five pre-generated PCs and it might be overwhelming to run them all by yourself even with my help. Do you know anyone else that would like to learn PF2e or who would just like to sit in? If not, we can delay scheduling the session for a few days hoping for additional interest. If there is none by early next week, we can try running it one on one. If you don't mind, please send me your Discord handle so I can give you access to the server.

Yes, I honestly don't want to play all the characters at the same time :-) OK, well keep me in mind and reach out if more players pop up. Thank you again!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by opus1971 View Post
    Yes, I honestly don't want to play all the characters at the same time :-) OK, well keep me in mind and reach out if more players pop up. Thank you again!

Mark
    I have another player. When would you be available? Also, please private message me with your Discord handle.

Trouble in the City

Intent:

If you are interested, please send me a Private Message with your Discord user ID and ####.
    I would be interested in playing depending on when you can run it. i am already familiar with pf2e and fg unity, just looking for more play time. i must admit i do not know how to pm using this site to send you my discord info.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley521 View Post
    I would be interested in playing depending on when you can run it. i am already familiar with pf2e and fg unity, just looking for more play time. i must admit i do not know how to pm using this site to send you my discord info.
    We are running this at 7pm EDT today. I will PM you and you can reply to that.

We are running this at 7pm EDT today. I will PM you and you can reply to that.
    i sent you the info.

Thread Information