DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Spell saves for 1/2 damage not working

Hello,

Tonight, during play, spells were cast, saves were made and failed, yet the damage was always what was rolled rather than halved for save or doubled for CF.

Is this a known bug? We are not using the new "ask for a roll thing" as that proved clunky with the GM having to make rolls for NPCs.

Thanks!

On another note, Golems are completely messed up as they are immune to spells, yet magic weapons end up doing no damage to them as they have the "magic" or "magical" type. Maybe it should be "spell" damage for "magic" spell damage and "magic" (or "magical") for magic swords?

We have seen this behavior many times before, especially with creatures that double their resistance to non-magic weapon attacks (ghosts, barghest, some others).

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyOwl View Post
    Tonight, during play, spells were cast, saves were made and failed, yet the damage was always what was rolled rather than halved for save or doubled for CF.
    Make sure the save action in the spell on the actions tab is set to On Save -> Damage = Half on Success.

We are not using the new "ask for a roll thing" as that proved clunky with the GM having to make rolls for NPCs.
    PCROLL is not designed for the GM making character rolls against NPCs, it's designed for the GM requiring saves from targets. If the GM is using a save action that targets NPCs then, yes, those NPCs will need to make a roll. This is only for the GM, if players target NPCs the save won't use PCROLL and will be used automatically. The times that a GM targets NPCs for save should be pretty low, unless you're making saves for the players.

You can also turn on/off the PCROLL functionality by hold ALT when triggering a GM side save - this reverses the options setting.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 16th, 2021 at 08:44.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

On another note, Golems are completely messed up as they are immune to spells, yet magic weapons end up doing no damage to them as they have the "magic" or "magical" type. Maybe it should be "spell" damage for "magic" spell damage and "magic" (or "magical") for magic swords?

We have seen this behavior many times before, especially with creatures that double their resistance to non-magic weapon attacks (ghosts, barghest, some others).
    Please try this again. There has been a lot of changes in release 18 for this type of thing. Make sure the ruleset version reported in the chat window is Release 18h. If this doesn't work, please disable extensions and try again. If this still doesn't work please provide specific details. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I will look in to it. And yes all spells were set correctly for 1/2 on save. First thing we looked at.

Ok, using my FGU and campaign, everything works fine (golems and magic saves). However, last night we were playing the Age of Ashes 3rd module in another GM's game. Maybe it hasnt been updated with the latest rules? I know he updated using the sign-in screen prior to running.

Your GM should collect their logs and post them here - so we can check versions of the ruleset and which extensions they're running.

Thread Information