DICE PACKS BUNDLE

NPCs with 0 hit points by default

Hi,
    I have just bought DCC and I am wondering that NPCs have 0 hit points by default. It could be more easy/speedy if each NPC could have some hit points by default, which the GM could eventually modify!
    The default hit points could be the average value of hit dice (rounded up): for example, 5 hit points for a NPC with 1d8 HD...

Giving 0 hit points by default, as actually is, force the GM to spend time on NPC: on the contrary, if NPC has some hit points by default, the GM could be OK with them and modify them only eventually...

In sum: actually the GM must spend time in modifying the 0 hit points; with some hit points by default the GM could spend time on them.

Hey Galdor, when you drop an NPC on the Combat Tracker its hit points are automatically rolled per the Hit Dice entry. So if you have a bandits with 1d8 Hit Die you will get a variety of hit point values between 1 and 8. If you want all your creatures of a particular type to have exactly the same hit points then yes, you can create a copy of that NPC and put a static hit point value into the hit points field.

Blog Entries
    You might need to enable an option to make that happen. I don’t recall what the default is.

Ah yes, there is an Option under House Rules (GM) to set CT: NPC hit points; settings are Standard, Max, and Random. Default setting is Standard.
    Last edited by Tabarkus; July 14th, 2021 at 13:36.

Great news!! Thank you so much Tabarkus (and leozelig)

Blog Entries
    No problem, thanks for the question!

Thread Information