FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Dwellers of the Forbidden City 2e

I have purchased Dwellers of the Forbidden City 2E and am experiencing some technical problems. The following maps are just coming up as a black screen: I and J (both player and dm maps); DM map H; and Player map C. For the DM maps, the shortcut pins are there, but they are resting on a black screen. In addition, the shortcut pins on all of the maps simply open a blank window entitled "New Story"

MOD: Moved to Classic D&D forums as this is related to a module within the ruleset.

I checked the module in question and was not able to replicate it. Can you verify that you have the latest update for the module?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I just updated FGU today. I am still experiencing the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Dog View Post
    I just updated FGU today. I am still experiencing the same problem.
    I am still not seeing what you have shown with those particular images. Can you try and see if reverting the module may help? In the image below your would right click on the module in that window and see if the button in the top left is available and click it. Please understand that this will revert any changes you may have made to the module.
    capture.png

If that does not help, then I would suggest deleting the module file either in your modules folder or the vault file in your vault folder. I believe the vault file would contain WOTC2EI1 in its name if it is in the vault. Then re-run the update to download the module again.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Hello Dominic,
    Well, I had a bit of luck when I deleted the module first in the vault folder and then in the module folder for the campaign--unfortunately, it was all bad luck. Now all of the maps are coming up as a black screen. Prior to this, I tried reverting the module and that had no effect.
    Any other things I might try?

I've checked prior adventure modules that I used, and they are all fine. So the problem is only with Dwellers of the Forbidden City.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Dog View Post
    Hello Dominic,
    Well, I had a bit of luck when I deleted the module first in the vault folder and then in the module folder for the campaign--unfortunately, it was all bad luck. Now all of the maps are coming up as a black screen. Prior to this, I tried reverting the module and that had no effect.
    Any other things I might try?
    As I mentioned previously I'm not receiving those errors with the module. I'm unsure what else to try. I might have to reach out to the developer to look into this further.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Try deleting the "moduledb" folder within your campaign. This folder stores edits for any modules within the campaign, including maps. Note, this will reset all modules back to a clean state.

Regards,
    JPG

I tried deleting the "moduleb" folder and still no change. All of the maps are still coming up as black screens.

Thread Information