FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    It seems to be resolved. I can no longer reproduce it.

Update. I went back to Classic which I have not updated the extension and was able to reproduce it.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat_po.lua"]:703: attempt to call field 'buildCombatantNodesCache' (a nil value)

It is a bit different but has the same effect of not everything from the encounter loading into the combat tracker.
    Last edited by prometheus13; July 23rd, 2021 at 15:23. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus13 View Post
    Update. I went back to Classic which I have not updated the extension and was able to reproduce it.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat_po.lua"]:703: attempt to call field 'buildCombatantNodesCache' (a nil value)

It is a bit different but has the same effect of not everything from the encounter loading into the combat tracker.
    FG Classic no longer receives updates. If you're downloading extensions, make sure you're getting extensions that are specific to FG Classic. Most people now use FG Unity and most developers will be working on FG Unity exclusively moving forwards.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Understood.
    The problem disappeared when I subscribed to Forge and updated the extension in FGU.

I reproduced it and posted it in case it may be of use to Sterno.

Yeah, it sounds like whatever version of the extension you had was out of sync with the 2E ruleset code, as "buildCombatantNodesCache" is a method that was briefly in the 2E ruleset code, then removed. So if you're using a version of the extension that was expecting it to be there, but it wasn't, it would blow up. Doesn't surprise me that it got out of sync on FGC.

Thanks for the bug report. If a bunch of people using FGC use the extension, and the version currently attached to the OP in this thread isn't working, I can take a look one final update to get them squared away.

Everything is working fine on my end....I think we are good

Hi, I've find this extension very useful, in special for the options of Group Initiative, but there is some issue with suprise checks when I try them. The following log appears to me:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string"..ons and House Rules:..rise_adnd_op_hr.lua"]:30: attempt to call field 'getCTFromActor' (a nil value)

Can you help me to solve it? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagrarius View Post
    Hi, I've find this extension very useful, in special for the options of Group Initiative, but there is some issue with suprise checks when I try them. The following log appears to me:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string"..ons and House Rules:..rise_adnd_op_hr.lua"]:30: attempt to call field 'getCTFromActor' (a nil value)

Can you help me to solve it? Thank you!
    You're best posting this in the thread for the extension you're using. This thread is a miscellaneous thread for script errors, so you'll get a better response posting in the thread for the extension you're referring to.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You're best posting this in the thread for the extension you're using. This thread is a miscellaneous thread for script errors, so you'll get a better response posting in the thread for the extension you're referring to.
    Thank you for the advice!

Hello, sorry for coming back. I posted a message in the thread of the extension, but no one answered... I need to solve this issue before the end of February, for a game Ill run. So, if you or anyone knows what the script error below means (and how I can fix it), I would appreciate. Here are the script error message again:

If no one is answering, then it is best to turn off the extension and no longer use it. Community extensions are only supported by the members who post them.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information