DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Script Error Messages

Was testing some items in 2e in the Keep of the Borderlands game and when I applied the encounter to the map, got this script error message....

[12.07.2021 03:45:20] Ruleset Warning: stringcontrol: Could not find font (regular20) for control (armor_description) in windowclass (charsheet_main)
    [12.07.2021 03:45:20] Ruleset Warning: stringcontrol: Could not find font (regular20) for control (shield_description) in windowclass (charsheet_main)

Any ideas?

Those are just warnings, and will not affect your play nor force the console open.

@Celestian (the community developer for 2E ruleset) may be able to address on his next round of updates, if he sees this.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Those are just warnings, and will not affect your play nor force the console open.

@Celestian (the community developer for 2E ruleset) may be able to address on his next round of updates, if he sees this.

Regards,
    JPG
    Ok, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

Regards,
    JPG
    I'll take a look and see whats up. Thanks for the heads up TX.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by TXCBoy36 View Post
    Was testing some items in 2e in the Keep of the Borderlands game and when I applied the encounter to the map, got this script error message....

[12.07.2021 03:45:20] Ruleset Warning: stringcontrol: Could not find font (regular20) for control (armor_description) in windowclass (charsheet_main)
    [12.07.2021 03:45:20] Ruleset Warning: stringcontrol: Could not find font (regular20) for control (shield_description) in windowclass (charsheet_main)

Any ideas?
    I ran a clean campaign w/o any extensions and did not see this error.

Disable all extensions and see if you still see the log message.

I'm pretty sure I do not use "armor_description" as a value in the ruleset anywhere.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Pretty sure armor_description and shield_description come from my extension. I'll take a look.

This will be fixed next time I upload a new version.

In the meantime, like Moon Wizard said, it's pretty much just an ignorable warning. It's just trying to incorrectly load a font for those controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    This will be fixed next time I upload a new version.

In the meantime, like Moon Wizard said, it's pretty much just an ignorable warning. It's just trying to incorrectly load a font for those controls.
    Thanks for the update.

Error message

I am having problems with getting NPCs to load into the combat tracker with your (Sterno) extension.

Using Ghouls and tried them from your OSRIC and the Monster Manual.

The error was along the lines of "attempting to call field 'isUsingArmorDamage' a nil field"

I had Armor Damage from your extension turned off.

Problem disappeared when I unloaded your extension.

May be relevant that I just migrated this campaign from Classic to Unity.

First off, it's definitely something to do with my extension and not the base ruleset code. It's sounding like the check for whether or not that option is on is breaking somewhere, probably due a typo somewhere where I'm checking it. The error sounds like it's trying to call the "isUsingArmorDamage" method to do the check, but not finding it.

However, I've been unable to reproduce the issue and have never seen that one pop up myself. I'm looking through the code to find some obscure code path where maybe there's a typo, but coming up blank. This occurs when adding the ghoul to the Combat Tracker?

If you can cut and paste the exact error line you're seeing from the console, that would probably help me track it down, since usually that will tell me the file and line number it's throwing the exception from.
    Last edited by Sterno; July 22nd, 2021 at 14:43.

Thread Information