FG Spreadshirt Swag

Check on languages

Hello everybody. I have found the language system and notice that players who know a certain
    language get understandable text in their chat. In your opinion, is it possible to condition the receipt
    of the text also to a check?
    FGU ULTIMATE License
    Click here for RPG Music or here for Dwarves songs on Spotify

I'm not following what you are asking. If a player knows the language being spoken in chat, then they will see the understandable text. If the language has a unique font, they will see both the message in the original font, as well as the translation.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I'm not following what you are asking. If a player knows the language being spoken in chat, then they will see the understandable text. If the language has a unique font, they will see both the message in the original font, as well as the translation.

Regards,
    JPG
    First of all, ty for you answer.

Not always. There are systems, (Rolemaster for example) where the character has different level of knowledge. He can understand or not, or can understand partially or wrong.
    Actual RMC for FG doesn't implement a way to manage it. Digging in the code I found scripts\manager_language_lua. I think I've to study it to find a way to implement those cases.
    FGU ULTIMATE License

Partial translation isn’t supported. Most systems don’t supports partial translations (other than RM); and it’s unclear exactly what should be shown if you “partially translate” something. (Short words? Per letter percentage? What does each person/group consider partial?)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Partial translation isn’t supported. Most systems don’t supports partial translations (other than RM); and it’s unclear exactly what should be shown if you “partially translate” something. (Short words? Per letter percentage? What does each person/group consider partial?)

Regards,
    JPG
    I would say that a certain percentage of words could be translated. 50% half words, if there was only one there is a 50% chance that it will be translated.
    FGU ULTIMATE License

Thread Information