5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Freezing issues

Thanks for explaining it all.
    A lot to take in, but I think I understand the most of it.
    The rest will clear when I have read it a couple of times.

I will give it a go

Before changes DB.XML = 6102kB
    Exported some characters: 5323kB
    Moved shops to own module: 4567kB
    Moved all images to own module (including my larger maps): 2480kB
    Save time now: ca 1s
    Last edited by Cozy; July 6th, 2021 at 17:35.
    Windows 10 64bit, MSI, i7-4770K 3.50GHz (8CPU), 16384MB RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB

I've just done some testing with your campaign loaded up in my FGU. I don't have DotMM, but can load up most things.

If I type /save in the chat window, FG takes about 10 seconds to process the save, during which time it is unresponsive. If I delete the "JFG - Level 3 DotMM" image the save times drops to 2 seconds. So, the majority of the issue here is that one big map. Reducing the other areas will only provide small improvements compared with the big impact of that one map.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Se post 87 below where I moved som data to modules and deleted som not used data.
    I have no idea if moving my higher resolution maps to its own modules is a good idea. But it is a test that works so far.

A nice feature would be to show save time in the chat for the /save command.
    Last edited by Cozy; July 6th, 2021 at 17:41.
    Windows 10 64bit, MSI, i7-4770K 3.50GHz (8CPU), 16384MB RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB

As I wrote in July 2021. I shrinked the DB.XML from 6MB down to 2.5 MB. Still very large but the saving time also shrinked from over 5s down to 1s.
    Now I see slow saving times again. It takes about 10-12s to save the game. But the DB.XML is still only 2.5 MB.

Any ideas???

edit:
    I searched and found this out.
    I was recommended here to place my large maps and stories into a module.
    When I have that modul loaded it takes a very long time to save.
    If I unload the module it only takes 1-2s to save.

I need to use the maps and my changes story texts. So what should I so?
    Should I make one module for each map and load/unload them as I need them?
    Last edited by Cozy; September 26th, 2021 at 16:22.

Questions:
    * How large is the map in pixel dimensions?
    * Approximately how many line-of-sight blocker points are on the map?
    * How many tokens are currently on the map?
    * Does this happen only when players are connected; or even when working without players connected?

Regards,
    JPG

The maps are abput 6MB each and the number of pixels varies, say 3580x5180 (one of the maps)
    There are about 25 maps in the modul with many many occluders.
    There where only 5 tokens on the map when I tested the save times.
    No players where connectet.

You probably are going to need to simplify the occluders to use less points in order to control the overhead of both LoS and FoW. More LoS points means more data for both the map LoS and per token FoW data. Line-of-sight occluders do not need to be as fine-grained as most people tend to make them; and the extra data incurs overhead.

There's a new feature in the image data panel where you can open the line-of-sight section, select a line-of-sight block and simplify. (Uses a line simplification algorithm)

Otherwise, we'd need to get a copy of the campaign folder and images in order to test and see what is happening.

Regards,
    JPG

Ok, I will try the simplifyer

Thanks

Thread Information