DICE PACKS BUNDLE

[Bug] Unity Font issues with Pathfinder Chronicles: Guide to Korvosa

Summary: Several characters in this module are displaying as font errors in the text, notably quotations and apostrophes

Ruleset(s): 35E / Pathfinder 1st Edition

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: New

Extensions/Themes: None

Modules Loaded: Default + Guide to Korvosa

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 10 / En

Steps to Reproduce: Create a new campaign, load either the Player or GM module, open Story entry 001.001 Introduction

As reported for other modules, looks like an encoding issue:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ssic-and-Unity

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...f-the-Sun-Lord

The same happens on Curse of the Crimson Throne

Please open each issue in it's own thread. We use links to these threads to let the developers of each DLC know when there is an issue with their product they built.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Thamyor View Post
    The same happens on Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Can you please list examples of where it happens (what story/reference node). I had fixed this a while ago and if there are any still in it, they might be one-off exceptions. I've spent 10 minutes randomly checking story, NPC, and references and have been unable to find any issue. I need a little direction on where to look. Thanks.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Gonna make a better bug report when I have time, right now I can't test it again.

Generally these issues should get posted in the Official Pathfinder Modules Bug Report Thread.

And this sort of issue was recently discussed there, but for a different module:
    Quote Originally Posted by Croddwyn View Post
    This is for the Reign of Winter adventure path.
    ...not a huge fan of all the apostrophes and quotes being unidentified characters that show as boxes
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    This is because that module has not been properly updated for Unity yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but now that Classic has been sunset, I will be going through all my projects and switching them to UTF-8 and correct (per the Unity parser) character codes over the coming weeks. No idea if my PF1E projects even have funky characters but if they do, I'll get to them eventually.
    Last edited by bmos; July 6th, 2021 at 01:57.

Thread Information