FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Not sure if any of this will help, but I thought I'd add a bit of info on the 3 settings mentioned.

The After is a fairly recent 3rd party setting that has does not have much net support (no forum or pages I have been able to find), but is very much alive and just had a small successful kickstarter for an adventure book that should be available in the near future.

War of the Dead is an older setting for Savage Worlds deluxe that has a fair amount of material in print but is no longer being supported.

Deadlands: Weird West is one of pinnacles main house settings and should be seeing quite a bit more content in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Chudstar View Post
    ...Any other universal components to get? (Is there something similar to D&D equivalent of Monster Manual or some additions that expand the SWADE base ruleset? Once I get the hang of the system I probably will be my own homebrew campaign for it with my own setting).
    Just in case it isn't clear...because Savage Worlds is a universal RPG that supports multiple gaming genres, the equivalent of the D&D monster manual is actually spread across 4 companions; Fantasy, Horror, Science Fiction and Super Powers 2. Each of those has a lengthy chapter covering the threats/monsters for their specific genre, but there's nothing preventing you from using those for any given genre with another - Fantasy Grounds also allows this. While I'd agree that the Fantasy Companion being the oldest (originally written for the SWEX edition & updated for SWD) is the least appealing, it's bestiary is still usable for SWADE campaigns. The most significant change since the companions were published is that larger, non Wild Card beasts now can take additional wounds. As well, with building beasts the way you want them to be being a philosophy of SW for some time, the earlier beasts tend to lack details which are now better covered in the SWADE bestiary chapter. There's nothing preventing a GM though, from dragging & dropping an existing Fantasy Companion beast in the NPC listing to create a copy which can be edited. So if any issue (can't recall any off the top of my head) does come up for a beast from an earlier companion, it can be easily corrected.

Hmm. Modern but not Sci-Fi outside of what was already mentioned

WiseGuys/Tuffguys (supplemental) -- 80s gangsters era built for SWADE
    Weird Wars (Roman/WW1/WW2) -- occult war time setting for Deluxe
    Deadlands Noir -- 1920s era Deadlands, focused in Louisiana and surrounding area

Went through the Jumpstart folder:
    Broken Earth (Fallout-ish though maybe not so gonzo?)
    Bureau 13 (Adventure Horror?, favorite artist did cover!) Seems like Occult MiB?
    Children of the Apocalypse (Occult Post Apocalyptic)

Most of the others seem more Fantasy then Occult or are Sci-Fi-ish. Though most are for Deluxe over SWADE there was a site with a large collection of fan made adaptions of existing settings coverted into Savage Worlds. I can't remember the address and searching hasn't turned anything up but I didn't look too hard either.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Quote Originally Posted by Claybor View Post
    Not sure if any of this will help, but I thought I'd add a bit of info on the 3 settings mentioned.

The After is a fairly recent 3rd party setting that has does not have much net support (no forum or pages I have been able to find), but is very much alive and just had a small successful kickstarter for an adventure book that should be available in the near future.

War of the Dead is an older setting for Savage Worlds deluxe that has a fair amount of material in print but is no longer being supported.

Deadlands: Weird West is one of pinnacles main house settings and should be seeing quite a bit more content in future.
    Thanks for the descriptions. Yes, The After is the one that is the most intriguing for me, sadly there's little to no info on internet. I watched the drivethrurpg preview of the PDF and seems a fine work. I think I will shoot for it on FG and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    Just in case it isn't clear...because Savage Worlds is a universal RPG that supports multiple gaming genres, the equivalent of the D&D monster manual is actually spread across 4 companions; Fantasy, Horror, Science Fiction and Super Powers 2. Each of those has a lengthy chapter covering the threats/monsters for their specific genre, but there's nothing preventing you from using those for any given genre with another - Fantasy Grounds also allows this. While I'd agree that the Fantasy Companion being the oldest (originally written for the SWEX edition & updated for SWD) is the least appealing, it's bestiary is still usable for SWADE campaigns. The most significant change since the companions were published is that larger, non Wild Card beasts now can take additional wounds. As well, with building beasts the way you want them to be being a philosophy of SW for some time, the earlier beasts tend to lack details which are now better covered in the SWADE bestiary chapter. There's nothing preventing a GM though, from dragging & dropping an existing Fantasy Companion beast in the NPC listing to create a copy which can be edited. So if any issue (can't recall any off the top of my head) does come up for a beast from an earlier companion, it can be easily corrected.
    Thank you, this actually really helped clear some doubts about what supplement to get or not. I already got SWADE and been messing around with it and searching around for something to play for the first time with my friends and introduce them to the system (I'm learning it too). I might get one or two companions alongside the Vehicle Guide for SWADE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    Hmm. Modern but not Sci-Fi outside of what was already mentioned

WiseGuys/Tuffguys (supplemental) -- 80s gangsters era built for SWADE
    Weird Wars (Roman/WW1/WW2) -- occult war time setting for Deluxe
    Deadlands Noir -- 1920s era Deadlands, focused in Louisiana and surrounding area

Went through the Jumpstart folder:
    Broken Earth (Fallout-ish though maybe not so gonzo?)
    Bureau 13 (Adventure Horror?, favorite artist did cover!) Seems like Occult MiB?
    Children of the Apocalypse (Occult Post Apocalyptic)

Most of the others seem more Fantasy then Occult or are Sci-Fi-ish. Though most are for Deluxe over SWADE there was a site with a large collection of fan made adaptions of existing settings coverted into Savage Worlds. I can't remember the address and searching hasn't turned anything up but I didn't look too hard either.
    Nice recommendations there. WiseGuys specially sounds like really cool. Deadlands looks pretty robust and cool, but I'm not from the USA so the setting is not super appealing to me sadly. That's why I tend to incline more for fictional-modern settings that any person can kinda relate to geography-wise.

Thanks for the answers guys, really helping me out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chudstar View Post
    Thank you, this actually really helped clear some doubts about what supplement to get or not. I already got SWADE and been messing around with it and searching around for something to play for the first time with my friends and introduce them to the system (I'm learning it too). I might get one or two companions alongside the Vehicle Guide for SWADE.
    Picking up a companion or 2 are also some of most prudent purchases you can make for campaigns run IRL too. There's a surprising amount of utility you can leverage from them and good amount of synchronicity between them, albeit some offer a bit more value than others. The Horror companion IMO is the best in regards to being a true companion, because it includes some quality Game Mastery content. So in a way, it better equips a GM with the tools to homebrew a campaign for the genre it covers. As well, a good amount of its bestiary can be used for the Fantasy genre - SciFi too to some extent. Whereas the Science Fiction companion has all the tools to tinker together a variety of cool vehicles, which could be as much at home in a Steampunk setting or Magi-tech fantasy setting. While the SF companion has brief instructions for how you might include Super Powers in a SciFi setting, while some of its bestiary could be used in a Supers campaign.
    Last edited by kronovan; July 6th, 2021 at 02:54.

You can watch The After being played on FGU on youtube:

The After

And an interview with The After creator
    Special Guest Jon Gibbons

I think Savage Doswelk has run it once or twice as well on his Saturday series.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    I think Savage Doswelk has run it once or twice as well on his Saturday series.
    I thought he had, but I couldn't find it in his video list.

For those interested, here's his twitch: savage_doswelk - Twitch

He converts much of the content to FG, and he play tests it with a group, so you get to see upcoming releases before they hit the store.

Better yet, he runs open games, so you can play the upcoming content.

And the accents are fun to listen to.

Thread Information