FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Savage Worlds v5.4 Beta Testing

Savage Worlds Adventure Edition v5.4.0 is now available in Test mode.

Test Mode can be accessed by selecting the Settings button from the Fantasy Grounds launch screen, changing Build Channel to Test in the Advanced tab, and then selecting Update button to update the files to the test version.

Key Things
    1) Always backup your campaign data before running the test version
    2) If the GM is running on test then all of the players will also be running on test
    3) If you encounter an issues log them here

Changelog
    [Added] Multiple Arcane Background support
    [Added] Arcane Background record sheet
    [Added] Identification support for Armor records
    [Added] Identification support for Weapon records
    [Added] Edge, Hindrance and Ability records support have sub-abilities
    [Added] "Action Card" effect. For instance [Action Card +1] to draw one additional action card
    [Added] "Load Strength" effect. For instance [Load Strength +1d] to increase load limit by one die type
    [Added] Highlight combat tracker combatant by right clicking or middle mouse clicking token on map
    [Added] Token on map can be dragged and dropped on combat tracker action card to include into the group
    [Added] Combat tracker will auto-scroll to active combatant
    [Added] Faction is shown in client combat tracker
    [Added] Global Effects window can be minimized
    [Updated] Combat tracker group is visible if any group member is visible
    [Updated] Combat tracker layout improvements
    [Updated] Combat tracker performance improvements
    [Fixed] PC Portrait missing when dragging from party sheet. Fixed
    [Fixed] Script error when dropping CT action card section. Fixed
    [Fixed] Bennies on party sheet are not updated. Fixed
    [Fixed] Modifications fields are not shown on armor records. Fixed
    [Fixed] Players cannot whisper with right click on PC portrait. Fixed
    [Removed] Option "PC Portrait: Show Power Points" removed
    [Deprecated] ArcaneManager.registerArcaneType, ArcaneManager.unregisterType and ArcaneManager.unregisterAll APIs deprecated
    Last edited by Ikael; July 13th, 2021 at 20:47.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Feature highlights

Highlight CT entry
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Dear Ikael,

this feature looks great. Nevertheless I miss the option to collapse groups to their leading NPC because it made it a lot easier to

a) get a quick overview of the initiative order at the start of a new combat round (impossible now if you have dozens of uncollapsed npcs) and
    b) add new npcs to a player character. At the moment, if you add a new npc in the middle of combat, it shows up at the end of the combat tracker. If I want to group this new npc to a player character at the top of the list, this becomes quite difficult if there are e.g. 20 uncollapsed npcs inbetween them.

The collapse arrow was a great and intuitive feature in my mind. My players and me and all the other GMs I know miss it dearly. It would be great to get it back, at least as an option.

Thanks an regards
    N.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaw View Post
    Dear Ikael,

this feature looks great. Nevertheless I miss the option to collapse groups to their leading NPC because it made it a lot easier to

a) get a quick overview of the initiative order at the start of a new combat round (impossible now if you have dozens of uncollapsed npcs) and
    b) add new npcs to a player character. At the moment, if you add a new npc in the middle of combat, it shows up at the end of the combat tracker. If I want to group this new npc to a player character at the top of the list, this becomes quite difficult if there are e.g. 20 uncollapsed npcs inbetween them.

The collapse arrow was a great and intuitive feature in my mind. My players and me and all the other GMs I know miss it dearly. It would be great to get it back, at least as an option.

Thanks an regards
    N.
    I am still strongly against CT group collapse feature and no plans to return it.

Regarding A, you can still see this information although it can be slower to check. I doubt such check is mandatory in any situation

Regarding scenario B, solution is to add feature where you can drop new combatant directly to Action Card to include it into group instead of adding to bottom of CT.

Meanwhile you can use the new feature to add to group by dragging token from map into CT action card.

Would it be possible to specify the disadvantages of the collapse feature, Ikael? Maybe this would help us to understand the situation. What were the practical reasons to remove it?

I think he already addressed this? Wasn't it a massive performance issue?

Anyhooo... I am not running into Test anymore, just wanting to say, that I am so impressed with the work you do Ikael. Savage Worlds is, I think, without doubt the best maintained ruleset on FG. So thank you for that!

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaw View Post
    Would it be possible to specify the disadvantages of the collapse feature, Ikael? Maybe this would help us to understand the situation. What were the practical reasons to remove it?
    Usability issues
    • Originally CT group collapse was designed when you could only have one type of combatant in the same group. Now you can mix-mash combatants in groups and original design has usability issues
    • All CT Groups are collapsed when active combatant changes. Only active group remains open. This unnecessarily masked information regarding combatants
    • When you need to find a combatant that is not first one, you need to extend all groups one by one and use scrolling to find what you are looking for
    • When combatant was targeted, it is highlighted with blue color and it had to be shown no matter if the group was collapsed or not. This is UI inconsistency issue
    • It is not in align with CoreRPG - New users coming from other products does not know how to use it

Technical issues
    • Implementation is custom made and was time consuming to maintain
    • Implementation was blocking CT feature development
    • Implementation was causing performance issues

The heaviest reason to remove it was technical and the second heaviest reason was that it was never intended to be used the way it had to be used in current version of the ruleset. I would not mind to have it if I would remove capability to mix NPC types in one group, but with this you would not even have ability to keep allies within the same action card as PC. Thus decision was made to remove legacy (group collapse) and make way to improve CT without burden it caused.

One item so far:
    The Party Sheet - the reset bennies has been corrected as noted. But spending player bennies changes everyone's bennies listed on the party sheet (does not effect actual player bennies). This does not matter if the party sheet is open or closed, or if the the client or host spends the bennie.

Similarly, if the GM adds a bennie to one PC, on the party sheet it adds it to all of them (again, actual bennies on the character sheet is correct).
    Last edited by amerigoV; July 2nd, 2021 at 17:17.

So is there a setting I need to turn on for the new CT features? I am not seeing the additional radial option shown in the gif. And I am not able to drop a token onto the map then drag to the CT onto the action card (well, I can get the token on the map, but not add to the CT).
    (I triple checked its 5.3.1).

Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    So is there a setting I need to turn on for the new CT features? I am not seeing the additional radial option shown in the gif. And I am not able to drop a token onto the map then drag to the CT onto the action card (well, I can get the token on the map, but not add to the CT).
    (I triple checked its 5.3.1).
    I haven't got response from Smiteworks that the latest change are in Test yet. Seems I posted information too fast this time

Thread Information