STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    A preview of some character sheet changes...

Occupation field is replaced with PLACE OF ORIGIN
    New PLACE OF ORIGIN dialog box with NEIGHBORHOOD/QUARTER and HANGOUT fields
    Alignment field is now labeled ALIGNMENT/PATH
    BENISONS & DOOMS list added to Abilities tab

lankhmar char sheet.jpg

Blog Entries
    Lots of data entry this weekend... Next on my list: images and tokens, the short adventure, and finally the reference manual.

lankhmar npcs items spells.jpg

Blog Entries
    With the content finished (except for ref manual formatting), I have been working on some new features for Lankhmar. I converted the 'Deities & Patrons' section on the Notes tab to a list with a patron die field and a roll button for that. I am also adding a deed die to the NPC record, which I will probably apply to the regular DCC ruleset as well. I don't have all the functionality running yet, but the screenshot shows a preview. I plan to add a deed roll button to the combat tracker for NPCs. Alternatively, I could set it up to auto-roll the deed die, but this poses the same issue with multiple attacks per round rolling a new deed die for each attack. Officially, you only roll the deed die once per round and apply the bonus to all attacks/damage for that round.

npc deed die.jpg
    Last edited by leozelig; July 21st, 2021 at 18:27.

Blog Entries
    NPCs will display the deed roll button if they have a deed die. As you can see in the screenshot, the constable does not have a deed die; therefore, the deed roll button is hidden. The deed result will add to the attack and damage bonus. The sequence would be: (1) roll deed die, (2) roll attack, and (3) roll damage on a successful hit. If for some reason you need to adjust this bonus manually, you can access the result field on the NPC record (see screenshot in post #13).

combat tracker deed button.jpg

Blog Entries
    Since we are accumulating some non-standard fields on the NPC record, I set the tab targets to the standard fields only so you can quickly tab through while entering NPC stats from a published module. The only one you might skip over is hit points as these are not always specified in the NPC stat block.

Here are the "standard" fields:
    Initiative
    Attacks
    Armor Class
    Hit Dice
    Hit Points
    Speed
    Action Dice
    SP (special properties)
    Saving Throws - Fort, Ref, Will
    Alignment
    Last edited by leozelig; July 22nd, 2021 at 13:51.

This is great Leo. I cant wait to see it.

Blog Entries
    I'm more than halfway through the reference manual. I'm hoping to start putting everything together for submission this weekend...

lankhmar reference manual.jpg

Blog Entries
    Well, everything is looking good. I just need to package up the extension files and screenshots for the store. I'm planning to carry over a couple features, like the NPC deed die field since that has broader usage beyond just Lankhmar. Here's one last screenshot, searching for optional rules in the reference manual (aside from the entire supplement being an optional rule of course).

lankhmar optional rules.jpg

Hey! I saw one of the modules dropped today. Box set coming behind it pretty soon?

Woo hoo! I'm up for playing in a weekday game if anyone is going to run one!

Thread Information