DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

DCC Lankhmar Box Set Is Coming to Fantasy Grounds!

Last night, I started working on a conversion of the DCC Lankhmar Box Set from Goodman Games. I expect this to be a set of modules (judge and player versions of the books and the adventure) and an extension for the DCC ruleset. You will need to own the DCC Ruleset to use the Lankhmar Box Set. Here's a little peek at what I have so far...

lankhmar.jpg

Cool!

Blog Entries
    Progress being made. Going to move on to NPCs, Items, and Spells, then the adventure. The DCC Lankhmar extension will require some new features, such as Benisons and Dooms and Patron Dice. I will likely create space for Benisons and Dooms on the Abilities tab. The Patron Die is a little trickier, but I'm thinking the Diety & Patrons section of the Notes tab is a good place to start.

lankhmar story and tables.jpg

I already entered it; but the added functionality will make it worth purchasing!

Blog Entries
    How are you guys managing the patron die?

For those who aren't familiar, the patron die is unique to each patron and is used with a specific table, granting bonuses depending on the action type. My plan is to change the 'Deities & Patrons' section of the Notes tab to a list (separate line for each patron) and then add a cycler for the patron die and a roll button to trigger the roll. A custom table could be specified with a details button in the section header. Maybe the roll button should go at the top of the char sheet (next to fleeting luck) since it applies to various action types, but if you have multiple patrons with different patron dice, you need to be able to specify which patron you are rolling for. Looking for ideas
    Last edited by leozelig; July 9th, 2021 at 11:04.

Blog Entries
    The other feature I plan to add is parsing a deed die from an NPC attack line. Currently you can specify a die, but the ruleset treats it as the primary action die. I'm thinking if the die is a d10 or less, then I will treat it as a bonus die (deed or otherwise) instead of an action die.

I've have yet to run a game using the Lankhmar rules; I've read over the box set and played in a few games but the patron die were not involved. What you're suggesting sounds functional, but I have little insight.

Blog Entries
    I'm working on Benisons & Dooms right now, and I decided to lump these into a library category called Origins. I will probably add a new section to the Abilities tab for these, but another option is to just list these under Features since you might only have 2. Another question I have right now is how to indicate the region-specific Benisons - add a field to the record or just have players refer to the ref manual?

benisons and dooms.jpg

Blog Entries
    Doing some more work on Benisons & Dooms. I decided to make a new section on the char sheet since the Goodman Games char sheets have one. As you can see in the screenshot, when Type = 'Benison' then the Luck Cost and Region-Specific fields are visible. When you lock the record, the checkbox for the Region-Specific field disappears. On the library list, you can search by Type (Benison or Doom), Place, and Region-Specific (Yes or No).

benisons and dooms.jpg

Thread Information