DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Questions about the Current State of PC Starships

Folx,

Please forgive me. I'm not sure where I can find the most current information about this, so I thought I would ask these two questions.

• How can I change the token on a PC Ship sheet?
    • I am unable to drag crew onto this form. Is this the correct current state of the sheet?

2021-06-29_8-12-30.png

Thanks in advance,

Rex

Hi Rex,
    I just did an update and it is still showing v1.2.3a in the Live Channel; Dev and Prev channels.
    1.2.4 is supposed to be released with a fix and the new releases normally drop on a Tuesday (today) so unless they are running late, we won't see the bug fixes until next week.
    The inability to drag crew is a reported bug that I think MBM said would be fixed in 1.2.4
    I feel your frustration, I stopped using Fantasy Grounds and switched to the Cepheus/D6 tools over on Foundry. It was alot of work getting it setup, but, things are working for space ships and space combat.
    I want to support MBM but, the slow rollout of things, lack of functionality in the interface combined with the non-web interface, makes it difficult to convince my players to come back to fantasy grounds.
    best regards
    Dalton

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Calford View Post
    Hi Rex,
    I just did an update and it is still showing v1.2.3a in the Live Channel; Dev and Prev channels.
    1.2.4 is supposed to be released with a fix and the new releases normally drop on a Tuesday (today) so unless they are running late, we won't see the bug fixes until next week.
    The inability to drag crew is a reported bug that I think MBM said would be fixed in 1.2.4
    I feel your frustration, I stopped using Fantasy Grounds and switched to the Cepheus/D6 tools over on Foundry. It was alot of work getting it setup, but, things are working for space ships and space combat.
    I want to support MBM but, the slow rollout of things, lack of functionality in the interface combined with the non-web interface, makes it difficult to convince my players to come back to fantasy grounds.
    best regards
    Dalton
    I saw that the City Hall update on updates was about an hour after your post. Since it is posted when updates are rolled out you might give the updater another go. The updates generally get pushed sometime after 10am Pacific.

Thanks Esmdev,
    I just did an update and I can confirm that it is indeed 1.2.4 updated on the channels.
    You can now create a PC ship, drag an existing design from the spaceships list to get all the default settings setup, then go to the party sheet and drop your PC spacehip onto it. You can then add crew to the party sheet and change their position via PC character sheet.
    It would be nice if it supported all the positions instead of the four provided. (captain, gunner, damage control, steward, sensor operator, remote operator etc)
    Overall a great improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Calford View Post
    Thanks Esmdev,
    I just did an update and I can confirm that it is indeed 1.2.4 updated on the channels.
    You can now create a PC ship, drag an existing design from the spaceships list to get all the default settings setup, then go to the party sheet and drop your PC spacehip onto it. You can then add crew to the party sheet and change their position via PC character sheet.
    It would be nice if it supported all the positions instead of the four provided. (captain, gunner, damage control, steward, sensor operator, remote operator etc)
    Overall a great improvement!
    This was very helpful, Dalton. Thank you so much.

One more question. Should you be able to add actions to the Ships tab of the character sheet?

It would be nice if it supported all the positions instead of the four provided.
    The positions are determined by what's specified in the Crew Requirements on main tab of the ship. You can make up whatever positions you want.

Quote Originally Posted by paragade View Post
    The positions are determined by what's specified in the Crew Requirements on main tab of the ship. You can make up whatever positions you want.
    Wonderful! Thanks for letting me know - been away from FGU/MGT2 for a while and I am just relearning the changes to see if I can get the group back to using it.

I'm probably being very dim here, but I've tried what Dalton says above and I am unable to drag an existing design onto a PC ship or even add a PC ship to the Party Sheet. Anyone got a small video showing this or some screenshots please,

Thread Information