DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    The real question is whether the icons should be removed completely. After seeing this extension, I agree that it's not optimal with the text overlaying the icon; and looks better without. I like the extra information from the icon though; but I'm not sure if it would really work elsewhere in the button UI space. This isn't something that can be changed in an extension, since the hot key UI is defined by the client.

I might try some other options to see if it looks any better, but I'm guessing that I would have to shrink the icon to get it to "fit" within the button with the text and I'm guessing that the icons won't look that good when shrunk that small. So, I might just remove the drawing of icons/tokens if text defined for a hot key. I'm going to think about it a bit more...

Regards,
    JPG

If you're using my dark Theme, this functionality is already included (already placed links have to be relinked). Future releases of the theme will be tuned for more elegant compatability by MeAndUnique so it doesn't matter if you use both extensions.
    Last edited by SirMotte; June 30th, 2021 at 01:09.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The real question is whether the icons should be removed completely. After seeing this extension, I agree that it's not optimal with the text overlaying the icon; and looks better without. I like the extra information from the icon though; but I'm not sure if it would really work elsewhere in the button UI space. This isn't something that can be changed in an extension, since the hot key UI is defined by the client.

I might try some other options to see if it looks any better, but I'm guessing that I would have to shrink the icon to get it to "fit" within the button with the text and I'm guessing that the icons won't look that good when shrunk that small. So, I might just remove the drawing of icons/tokens if text defined for a hot key. I'm going to think about it a bit more...

Regards,
    JPG
    You could always have the icon on the left hand side of the button, and the text on the right. While this would reduce the amount of visible characters, it would make it clearer.

I would love it that, if the icons were retained, they were optional, as for me they offer nothing and take up the real-estate I'd rather use for explanatory naming. Just my opinion of course, and I'm very happy using this great extension if the FG default doesn't fit my vision.

Cheers,

Simon

For anyone who hasn't found it already and would like to use The Forge, I added a link in the first post.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Thread Information