DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Zocchi dice in FG?

How does the DCC ruleset handle the funky Zocchi dice? The screenshots just show the normal polyhedrals that are standard on every FG table.
    FANTASY GROUNDS CLASSIC & UNITY ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER

Blog Entries
    Hi daddystabz,

They are custom dice accessed through the radial menus of the standard dice. These are organized according to the substitution guidelines in the rulebook (p. 17), ignoring the control die:

It is easy to substitute for the “funky dice” with a regular dice set. For a d3, roll 1d6 and divide by two; for a d5, roll 1d10 and divide by two. For a d7, roll 1d8 and re-roll on an 8. For d14 or d16, roll d20 and ignore rolls above the die-facing threshold. For d24, roll 1d12 and 1d6; if the 6-sider is odd, add 12 to the 1d12 roll. For d30, roll 1d10 with a 6-sided control die: add +0 on 1-2, +10 on 3-4, and +20 on 5-6.
    d3 = d6
    d5 = d10
    d7 = d8
    d14 = d20
    d16 = d20
    d24 = d12
    d30 = d10

You can drag the Zocchi dice to a hotkey if you want easier access. There is also an extension you can download that organizes them under the Fate die.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Hi daddystabz,

They are custom dice accessed through the radial menus of the standard dice. These are organized according to the substitution guidelines in the rulebook (p. 17), ignoring the control die:

d3 = d6
    d5 = d10
    d7 = d8
    d14 = d20
    d16 = d20
    d24 = d12
    d30 = d10

You can drag the Zocchi dice to a hotkey if you want easier access. There is also an extension you can download that organizes them under the Fate die.

Hope that helps.
    Perfect! Thank you so much!
    FANTASY GROUNDS CLASSIC & UNITY ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER

Blog Entries
    The DCC Grouped Zocchi Dice extension will be available in the FG Forge pending approval by Smiteworks. This extension works with the DCC RPG and MCC RPG rulesets. The official forum thread for this extension is here.

dcc grouped zocchi dice.jpg
    Last edited by leozelig; December 18th, 2021 at 17:01.

Nice, I'll have to switch to the Forge version. If only we could get actual 3d dice for the zocchi dice. But from what I understand that probably will never happen.

When will actual 3d versions of the Zocchi dice show up for Fantasy Grounds? Is anyone working on this? Is it even possible?
    Fantasy Grounds II Ultimate License Holder
    Castles & Crusades Ruleset
    Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset
    Mutants & Masterminds 3e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons 5e Ruleset
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics - AD&D 1e/2e Ruleset
    Dungeon Crawl Classics Ruleset
    Swords & Wizardry Ruleset

Currently Running: S&W Complete (Blackscale Lagoon)

There are no plans at this time to implement 3D versions of the Zocchi dice; there has never been much demand and the rulesets that need it just choose random number or use existing models when needed. You can add to our wish list in my sig.

Regards,
    JPG

I went ahead and added it to Idea Informer. I would love to have 3d models of the dice for my DCC and MCC games.

Moonwizard, I made a typo in the subject line, can it be updated to spell Zocchi correctly?

http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=141394

Thread Information