DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Game of Throws: Pathfinder 2 on Fantasy Grounds

Spoiler Alert! The video contains a small sampling of the 2nd Age of Ashes AP module, Cult of Cinders. Even though I often massage these APs to suit my DMing style and campaign needs, there's still some content in the video that reveals some of the gameplay in that AP.

So... what the intent here is to get some more gameplay videos out there of Pathfinder 2 being played on Fantasy Grounds. That said... man, there's a lot to learn about creating videos, formatting said videos, and offering viewable, interesting content.

I can't say in good faith that this early test run fulfills any of the ultimate goals. This first foray was mostly just to see how the screen capture software (I am using TechSmith's Snagit) worked, as well as a test of the quality of the video and sound. There's obviously aspects of adding this content to YouTube to learn as well (for example, it was recorded at 1080p but the upload set it at a SD/720). Next, my multiple monitor use of FG Unity just isn't going to work for these videos. That wide stretch on a single screen viewer makes it difficult to see what's being displayed. I guess it's time to figure out different ways to get everything onto one monitor! Ack!

Also, to be fair, it was sort of a last minute decision to record this so I didn't spend much time prepping or even warning the players we were going to record this session. Again, it was sort of a "dry run". We were in the middle of a campaign (not ideal) that we had taken a break from due to some vacations/unavailability (even less ideal), so it was a little awkward as we got back into the Age of Ashes campaign.

Why even bother putting this out here? That's a darn good question! What I am hoping is to get some feedback from people who's ventured into this sort of endeavor. Key elements that allow for better results. And no, I fear plastic surgery, personality transplants, and briberies are currently off the table. We can revisit all of the above once I figure out the whole formatting process

In all seriousness, though, I am open to any feedback... which might be asking a lot since I am not sure anyone has the time, fortitude, or masochistic nature to even attempt watching. You have been warned!

On the bright side, there's the possibility it'll get better over time and you'll be saving poor souls who come along at later dates from suffering greatly

At any rate, here it is:
    Game of Throws Test Runs (YouTube Catalog)
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; July 4th, 2021 at 00:25.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

This is cool!
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Shade, this is exactly what I am looking for. I was hoping to find more streams with Pathfinder 2e and FGU.

My group absolutely LOVES FGU. I love it! However, I can always grow and become better at using it by watching more folks use/play with it. I am currently running two Pathfinder campaigns. One is Otari based and is 95% Ruins of Gauntlight, (I have added the ruins under Otari and troubles in Otari as side quests for players should they get tired of dungeon delving) and a free form campaign with all the encounters and a dungeon done from scratch. The free form is much more time involved as I have to create the content in advance of play. The advantage is I can create custom monsters or simply rebuild old school ones like 'coffer corpse' within Fantasy grounds.

I was tempted to stream a session and post it but I am a bit shy on this.
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

Essentially, that's what prompted me to start recording. I think larger collections of PF2 streams or podcasts can only help the PF2 and FGU communities.

Hopefully, I'll learn a few tricks and tactics along the way to make our sessions even more interesting and easy to watch.

As for yours... I think any example of people getting together and having fun always has value.
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Tossing up another test session as we try to find a rhythm and mostly I try to figure out how to create these videos with any skill

Game of Throws: Test Session 2 - 7/2/21

We played another session of Pathfinder 2 on Fantasy Grounds. This was the Pathfinder Society scenario from Season 1 (#6) called Lost on the Spirit road. For anyone interested in seeing what PF2 looks like on FG or just looking for some light entertainment and gameplay watching, you can find the YouTube video below:

Game of Throws: PFS on 7/20/21

Keep doing it and you will find what works for you. I put up all my PF2 videos on youtube. We've done quite a few and currently are going through Fall of Plaguestone.
    Live stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione
    Youtube replays of fg sessions and tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQr...bIpAauZB41z8gA

Free stuff:
    D&D5e FAQ module for fg: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/196704/FAQs
    FG 5e Module Conversions: https://tinyurl.com/y6awo2la
    Map Maker Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y3awlo4b
    Roll Player Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y399kffz
    Rangers of Shadow Deep Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/rnyrgwg

Thanks for the videos. They really help me see how others run things.

Oh and the Abomination Vaults > Fun. You should try running those. They are a hootin' good time!
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

Heh. Glad you are enjoying them! I am sure we'll tackle those at some point, but after working so hard on getting everything into them for release, including recently lighting and the third in the series, I just don't want to look at them for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Keep doing it and you will find what works for you. I put up all my PF2 videos on youtube. We've done quite a few and currently are going through Fall of Plaguestone.
    I hadn't caught that from you, Gwydion. Excellent work! I love your layout. At some point, I probably could use to pick up the knowledge necessary to create beautiful little layouts like you have, with the splash screen and various views. I do want to integrate sounds (Syrenscape), but just learning the basics to screencapture and such.

But again, let me say, I enjoyed seeing what you did there! Not just your presentation, but the actual gameplay itself. Well done

Thread Information