FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    the db.session.xxxxxxx.xml are removed regularily to save space (I deleted 3 gb of files just today)
    You just deleted the backups FG does automatically. Pretty sure FG also cleans these up regularly too so you don't need to. If you do continue to manually delete these, make sure you check file sizes and keep at least the last large one so if you have an issue like this you can recover.

Check your Recycle Bin to see if you can recover one of more of these files so you can recover your campaign.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It shows some errors on startup but once it finishes loading I can't read'em anymore (and they're too fast for me to read)
    This is a key piece of information - errors on startup mean there's at least one issue.

After you've started up the campaign and there has been errors, type /console in the chat window and then click the "Compile Logs" button. Attach the resulting logfiles here.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You should not delete all of your session files since those are backups of your campaign. FG keeps only the last 10 or so of them in each campaign. You can recover your db.xml by using one of the session files but if you have deleted them all then you have effectively deleted your backups. Hopefully you have a back up of your campaigns folder in Classic and can recover some of those session files.

If you type /console into chat (in Unity) you can get the console back up. You can also click on the compile logs button to compile the log files and you can post that log file here and we might have a better idea what is going on. Although some extensions will work in Unity many may not - you'll need to check the forum threads for the extensions you use to see if they have been updated to work in Unity. It might be possible to switch all of them off in the Classic campaign and then save the campaign and then transfer that to Unity. First though post those log files and the complete campaign files in the Classic folder with the file extension switched on. And see if you can recover some of those earlier session files if you deleted them. They may still be in your trash unless you also emptied that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It's fine, before permanently deleting backups I usually move'em to another folder (just because I know something might pop up) so I easily recovered it all. The issue remains though.

This is the compiled log
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kg5z1gczyu...10624.zip?dl=0

What do you mean with "complete campaign files?" My current campaign folder (the one I'm working on) contains 1839 files for over 6 Gb of data

Also, it doesn't only save the last 10.. I had like 200 or so db.sessions, 70ish of which from 2020, that's why from time to time I go there and clean up some
    Last edited by Asgurgolas; June 24th, 2021 at 21:24.

You're getting errors in your campaign database - which will cause the data to be removed.

Code:
    [6/24/2021 10:11:45 PM] [ERROR]  Process Data File (): 'ShiftedSSize' is an undeclared prefix. Line 13176, position 3.
    [6/24/2021 10:11:45 PM] [ERROR]  Error while loading campaign database.
    You're also getting other errors due to extensions, which you should remove and/or check for updates.

To try to identify the issue which deletes your data, please attach the db.xml file for your campaign from FGC.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You're getting errors in your campaign database - which will cause the data to be removed.

Code:
    [6/24/2021 10:11:45 PM] [ERROR]  Process Data File (): 'ShiftedSSize' is an undeclared prefix. Line 13176, position 3.
    [6/24/2021 10:11:45 PM] [ERROR]  Error while loading campaign database.
    You're also getting other errors due to extensions, which you should remove and/or check for updates.

To try to identify the issue which deletes your data, please attach the db.xml file for your campaign from FGC.
    I'll try out things out now, then. Also errors in campaign database. Where should I look at? It still works on Classic :S (now testing extensions)

Or hack around yourself - the line number is shown in the error message.

As Trenloe says attach the db.xml file and we can have a look.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok coming

While testing, I ran FGU with zero extensions loaded, it still overwrote my db so it's not about extensions anymore.

For the db, here it goes (warning, it might be s a bit heavy at 18 Mb since I'm working on it since 2016)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngmhws1lnq...%20db.xml?dl=0

Ok coming

While testing, I ran FGU with zero extensions loaded, it still overwrote my db so it's not about extensions anymore.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngmhws1lnq...%20db.xml?dl=0
    The SShifted comes from Diablobobs OneClickDruid / TokenSwapper afaik. It writes some of it's data into the db... as some other extensions do.

Edit: To reduce complexity and size aof your db you can safely export NPCs to a module that you then can load (that's 100k of lines). The 37 PCs are also mostly high level NPCs right? That are another 200k lines. Although I don't know if you can export them safely.

All in all, there are many non-default xml elements in that db.
    Last edited by Zarestia; June 24th, 2021 at 21:54.

Thread Information