5E Character Create Playlist

I have played a number of games here...and I have NEVER encountered an enemy Warlock

OK so that is about 5 or 6 DMs. I have never had to fight a warlock. I am just now playing one and it struck me.
    is it one class to many to keep up with? Are they cheesy? Are they two powerful? Overlooked?

I could see a Kobold with a D10 attack might be deadly at first level. How about at 4th level? It's now a D10 +4 (or more with Hex).

Is this just my luck with DMs and the rest of you are having to kill the pesky locks?

What you come up against will depend on what NPCs are in the module that you're playing in. I can't remember all the NPCs in all the modules but I'm pretty sure there are a few that have warlocks NPC.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Dragon heist has a enemy warlock, if you end up going against the faction that contains it.

It was very challenging for my players at the time.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

NPC’s don’t need to follow class structure when being made and so what might be closer to a warlock in capabilities might be describe more like a cleric

Blog Entries
    Volo's have a bunch of warlock NPCs. I don't think they are identical to an equivalent PC level warlock, but they are certainly similar.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm just in the middle of making custom spellcaster NPCs using MM's and Volo's NPCs as starting points. A warlock is included

The party could encounter a drow warlock, orc warlock, or a dragonborn warlock - and I can use the same stat block for all of them. That way, I can occasionally throw a spellcaster NPC into an encounter to challenge the party's spellcasters with a Hold Person here, a Hypnotic Pattern there, breaking their concentration.

Update: I did not speak with my DM. But we did encounter a settlement of Kuo-toa fish people and 4 of them were first level locks. They were focusing on one character at a time with 1D10 each. They didn't hit a lot but used the 120 foot range to stay well away from the fight. No bolts ever went my way, and I'm the guy who bought a Brooch of Shielding (with its resistance to Force Damage).

they stayed close together coordinating hits, but a fireball took them out.

As a GM, I've created as NPCs and enemies:
    * evil warlocks
    * an evil druid
    * The Teenage Mutant Ninja Tortles
    * The Universal Classic Monsters (in my game, Manshoon's followers messed up a ritual to bring him back from the dead, and accidentally created 7 different Manshoons: Werewolf, Vampire, Flesh Golem (Frankenstein), Mummy, an air elemental (the invisible man), a Jekyll and Hyde creature and a Creature from the Black Lagoon.
    * An albino gnoll named Mr. Peabody who traveled with a young human boy named Sherman

and I'm sure I had a few other ridiculous jokes in there.

Thread Information