Starfinder Playlist

Adding campaign to module

How to make module and import campaign maps, NPC and other notes/stories to it.

My current campaign files are getting bigger and bigger and I want to create module, so when pc move to another location / area I can unload or load modules/locations to save memory.

I have used groups. Is there a way to add all group to module example? Is there any video of tutorials? Or if you have any instructions what is the best way to make it. I'm asking because I want to save some time and get it right first time. Thanks.

DerSavage
    Last edited by DerSavage; June 24th, 2021 at 12:14.

The exporting to a module video in this list will be helpful https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l-Video-Series

There's no way to export a group.

Generally you would have a creation campaign where you create all your stuff and then open the exported module in a play campaign. Opening a module in a campaign that you have exported stuff from will just give you duplicates of the items you exported - unless you delete the items after export - and I do not recommend that you do that since you'll inevitably delete things from the wrong place or destroy the entire campaign.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    What you can do at this point is;
    - exit FG
    - at the o/s level copy your campaign folder and rename the copy to something like "DEVL xyz", copy again to something like "Backup xyz date"
    - Open your DEVL campaign, delete out all the stuff you do not want in your module
    - Export this DEVL campaign to a module, exit campaign
    - Open your original campaign, delete out everything you kept in your DEVL campaign
    - Open your module in your campaign

When you need to update, open your DEVL campaign, update, export to module

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the help!

I checked some videos and it seems I can export my campaign, at least this worked in FGC, I have used FGU only for two months so I'm a new GM for FGU.

I will make backups of course, valuable campaign, usually I make backup after every session. So I could manually make copy & delete unwanted older stuff. Is exporting still functional in FGU? I'm thinking if I make backup, then delete, then export. Can I make module and export all? This is very useful, because I'm not using older maps maybe some later, but I can reload modules if necessary. I have pretty large world (Hârn world actually), so I'm looking for advice to how keep it organized and fast even in lower computers.

BTW, we are playing D&D V5 ruleset, but this is based in Columbia Games Hârn world. Amazing setup! Really realistic setting and one of the best Fantasy RPG World ever created. I'm older GM, about 30+ years of experience, but pretty new to FGU style online gaming.

https://columbiagames.com/harn/index.html
    Last edited by DerSavage; June 24th, 2021 at 22:01.

Yes, the export functionality is there in Unity as well. Do note that campaigns created in unity or modules created in unity won’t work in Classic. I’d suggest that you do all your exporting using your current Classic campaign before switching over to unity.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information