STAR TREK 2d20

Instructional Video: Gridding the Gridded

So I created a video to show how easy it is to take a simple map you find out on the internet or may have from some digital product, one which already has a graphic grid on it, and use Unity to create a grid that approximately matches up with the grid already displayed on the map. For the most part, the only real requirement necessary to have this process work is that the original map is a cleanly gridded one itself. In other words, the grid displayed on the map is uniform and consistent. This process won't work very well on maps that were crude scans with warping, for example.

For maps without preexisting grids, the process would be the same except what you are looking for is items within the map to scale against in trying to determine what size the grid is and you'll probably want to keep the grid visible.

At any rate, hopefully there will be some who'll find this video useful!

FGU Gridding an Image with a Graphic Grid (Youtube Video)
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; June 29th, 2021 at 19:49.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

This is great!

I have also had some good luck using map align ( a tool I found here) for some of the wonky Paizo maps which had trouble 'lining up' (Crown of the Kobold King)
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

Thread Information