Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Token Reset Bug

Token Reset Bug

My players are seeing an issue (I do not see this from the DM side) when an effect is dropped (by me or the player) onto their token. It causes all other tokens visually to lose their border, health dot, and other effects for that player. In most cases, hovering over the token with the mouse corrects it, but in some cases the health dot does not return. If the player or creature effected is damaged or healed the health dot seems to return. I am using the latest version of FG (4.1.4) and D&D 5e. I tested in a new campaign with no extensions.

I will also add that this seems to be some kind of lighting issue. When I first tested the only map I loaded was the map pack from DMG (read only no lighting) and it worked correctly. When I then loaded one of the FG default Battle Maps with lighting effects it was reproducible. I then turned off lighting on the FG battle map and it reoccurred, confirming a lighting issue.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    My players are seeing an issue (I do not see this from the DM side) when an effect is dropped (by me or the player) onto their token. It causes all other tokens visually to lose their border, health dot, and other effects for that player. In most cases, hovering over the token with the mouse corrects it, but in some cases the health dot does not return. If the player or creature effected is damaged or healed the health dot seems to return. I am using the latest version of FG (4.1.4) and D&D 5e. I tested in a new campaign with no extensions.

I will also add that this seems to be some kind of lighting issue. When I first tested the only map I loaded was the map pack from DMG (read only no lighting) and it worked correctly. When I then loaded one of the FG default Battle Maps with lighting effects it was reproducible. I then turned off lighting on the FG battle map and it reoccurred, confirming a lighting issue.
    Is anyone else experiencing this? If you are a FG developer is this a confirmed known issue?

No it's not a known issue that I'm aware of. I can't reproduce and yours is the only report that I've seen.

Can you walk us through the steps that you need to take to make this happen. Also detail the settings you use to display token information.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    No it's not a known issue that I'm aware of. I can't reproduce and yours is the only report that I've seen.

Can you walk us through the steps that you need to take to make this happen. Also detail the settings you use to display token information.
    The issue happens as described in my original post. Whenever an effect (which could be a spell effect, condition or whatever) is applied to a PC token on the map, all the other tokens lose their border, health dot and other effects for the player that owns the token it was dropped on. It happens when applied by me or the player on themselves. Not sure exactly what you mean by display settings. (View: Bar Colors: Tiered, Health - Ally: Status, Health Non-ally: Status, Wound Categories: Detailed) Party vision and movement Off (Token Player: Show Ally Effects Icon Hover, Show Ally Health Dot, Show Enemy Effects Icon Hover, Show Enemy Health Dot, Show Name Tooltip.

How are you applying the effect? I normally target and double click the effect from the CT. are you dragging and dropping on the token on the map or on the CT, or some other method? Does the same thing happen if you apply the effect some other way? Can you confirm the version of the 5e and core rulesets as noted in chat when you start your campaign. Can you check you have no unpacked rulesets in the rulesets folder and double double check you have no extensions running (including themes).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

There are two issues at play.

1. When a token loses LOS of another token the status disappears (see screenshot) including health dot, effects, blood (if you have an extension loaded) . This seems to happen regardless of lighting conditions. It generally reappears on a hover over, but sometimes that doesn't work and it does not reaappear until the tokens health changes (healing/damage) or I GM redrop the token from the tracker.
    2. When an effect is added or moved from a token (via drag drop or button click adding efffect to self) it causes the same thing to happen. To be clear the token that received the effect is fine, it's the other tokens on the map that are affected (see screenshot). This only seems to occur when the token is not in a lit area. We have a screen shot of an NPC token in a darkvision area and another in a lit area and it only happens to the token in the dark.

I did all of the testing on a new campaign without extensions and a limited library. The map I used as a FG default map.

I have two more screen shots to load (limit 5) so I will do that immediately following this post.

One token cleared one normal.png
    Library.PNG
    Normal Token.png
    Cleared Token (effect change).png
    Around Corner.png
    Last edited by eporrini; June 27th, 2021 at 17:33.

Thanks for reporting. It took me a bit to see the right combination; but now I can recreate every time. I've created a ticket for @cpinder to look at.

Regards,
    JPG

Any update on this @cpinder?

This should be fixed in the v4.1.5 beta version I just put into the Test channel today. See the Laboratory forum for more info.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information