DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Is there a quantity limit for imported images in FGU?

I apologize if this has already been answered but, after a forum/wiki search, I couldn't locate an answer to this question. I'm aware of how to optimize individual images and maps for use in FGU, but is there a limit to how many images you can import to avoid other issues?

Allow me to explain... I'm a huge fan and patron of the Forgotten Adventures mapmaking assets and tokens. I have been resizing their tokens (https://www.forgotten-adventures.net...tegory/tokens/) to 200-400 pixels maximum and including them in a (300+ MB) loaded module for all my campaigns. While there is a reasonable delay when searching for a token in the Assest window, it grants me access to all the tokens as needed during play.

I would also like to import their free mapmaking assets (https://www.forgotten-adventures.net...apmaking-pack/) into FGU so that I can add map items, features, or textures on-demand. However, the raw (original size) image collection clocks in at just under 4 GB!

Since images are handled differently in FGU, is there still a file or size limit, performance hit, or other issue with importing bulk assets for use during play in FGU? If not, is it preferred to add them as a module (like what I've done for tokens) or import the mapmaking assets as individual images?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    The file size limit is that of your operating system. 64-bit file size limit is in the neighborhood of exabytes.

But well before that, there are practical limits, and not just the storage size of your computer.

The more images you have, and the larger they are, you will experience performance issues. FGU performance is limited by the single threaded nature of the LUA engine and the challenges is has with long lists. Once you get to a couple thousand items in any list, performance degradation is apparent.

I have 40k mapping assets (files) from CC3+, but I'm not ready to try brining them into FGU yet. Not until either performance is awesome with lists, or the asset architecture changes to not load everything upon campaign start.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I expected that was the case. There's already a noticeable delay with just the tokens I've added. I expect that it would degrade significantly adding another 28K images. I'll stick to importing assets during play as needed for now, and deal with the extra time needed to do that. My hope for future versions would be to incorporate an index of available assets that could be compiled as needed and then quickly referenced to add on-demand assets more quickly, rather than the import all or nothing approach and the associated issues with each. Thanks!

Thread Information